Обсуждение: BUG #10436: Can't compile 9.4 with this mingw64-w32 gcc 4.8.1, 4.8.2, 4.8.3

BUG #10436: Can't compile 9.4 with this mingw64-w32 gcc 4.8.1, 4.8.2, 4.8.3

От
"Paragon Corporation"
Дата:
On 2014-05-24 14:21:32 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2014-05-24 12:35:08 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> If it's not getting through configure, the only plausible explanation
> >> seems to be that something in autoconf 2.69 broke it.
>
> > It could also be the linking changes made while trying to make missing
> > PGDLLIMPORTs more visible.
>
> None of those changes touched the configure script, though.

> Right.
> Regina, can you post config.log from 9.3 and 9.4?

> There's a couple of bugreports referencing _set_invalid_parameter_handle
> and mingw. With confusingly different explanations...

> Greetings,

> Andres Freund

Okay will do in a bit after I rebuild both.

FWIW: I'm not convinced its autoconf 2.69 at fault.  I'm running autoconf
2.69
And as an experiment

In the 9.3.4 configure.in source code -- I changed the autoconf requirement
in configure.in to 2.69 and rebuilt the configure script (making sure I
deleted the old one before trying to rebuild)

It still configures fine with 9.3.4 (just tested with mingw32 gcc 4.9.0 and
same issue with that)

 rebuilding the configure script for 9.4.0 still fails.

Sorry if this doesn't follow the thread -- for some reason I didn't get any
of these emails you sent.

Thanks again for the help,
Regina

Re: BUG #10436: Can't compile 9.4 with this mingw64-w32 gcc 4.8.1, 4.8.2, 4.8.3

От
"Paragon Corporation"
Дата:
> Regina, can you post config.log from 9.3 and 9.4?

Sorry was too big so got bounced back.  Here are the links to the config
logs

http://www.postgresonline.com/tmp/config94_mingw64w32gcc481.txt

http://www.postgresonline.com/tmp/config934_mingw64w32gcc481.txt

Thanks,
Regina

Re: BUG #10436: Can't compile 9.4 with this mingw64-w32 gcc 4.8.1, 4.8.2, 4.8.3

От
"Paragon Corporation"
Дата:
Andreas,

Thanks for the suggestion of looking at the logs

Figured out the problem I think.

In looking at the logs:

http://www.postgresonline.com/tmp/config94_mingw64w32gcc481.txt

http://www.postgresonline.com/tmp/config934_mingw64w32gcc481.txt

I noticed the difference was the --disable-auto-import in 9.4.

So in src\template\win32 file

I changed:
LDFLAGS="-Wl,--allow-multiple-definition -Wl,--disable-auto-import"

Back to the old:

LDFLAGS="-Wl,--allow-multiple-definition"

And that fixed the configure issue with mingw64-w32 4.8.1+ and it seems to
have compiled fine too and passed all regression tests.

Better yet -- this new one doesn't have that annoying extra import of
InterlockedCompareExchange@

That I complained about here:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/286FBE756DA043A881A289C539AD2ED3@O
That broke my PostGIS 32-bit builds

And extensions built with it seem to be loadable in my EDB install again.
Have to do more tests, but looks good so far.

Still puzzling why my gcc 4.8.0 compiled at all and still had that annoying
dependency even when I also changed that file suspecting that was an issue
before.  Perhaps the 4.8.0 has a bug and is half heartedly paying attention
to some things and not others.

Any thoughts on what to do about that win32 thing.  Wasn't quite clear why
it was introduced in the first place