Обсуждение: BUG #10338: could not read block

BUG #10338: could not read block

От
hikkis21c@hotmail.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      10338
Logged by:          seowoong KIM
Email address:      hikkis21c@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system:   windows 8 64bit

I faced some problem with postgresql server.
there were some errors like

"could not read block 0 in file "base/16393/18592": read only 0 of 8192
bytes"

and some primary key relate with 18592 file

and from other key same problem happen.

this problem happen when I try to insert some data.

I use default configurations.

I have to recovery quicky, so I dump all data and schema and make new
database schema and restore dump file
after restore I work well.

I want to know why some file change to 0 byte file.

when I search this problem, I saw some different persons faced same
problem.
but, some responses are hardware problem.

so, is it really hardware problem??

please response this problem

thanks & best regards

Re: BUG #10338: could not read block

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 4:20 PM,  <hikkis21c@hotmail.com> wrote:
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
> "could not read block 0 in file "base/16393/18592": read only 0 of 8192
> bytes"
> and some primary key relate with 18592 file
> so, is it really hardware problem??
Possible. You are as well missing more than 2 years of bug fixes: the
latest minor version of 9.1 is 9.1.13, so what if you update first and
then try to REINDEX your relation?
--
Michael

Re: BUG #10338: could not read block

От
seowoongkim
Дата:
thanks for your reply

I'm trying to look for the exact minor version fixed about this problem from
9.1 release note.

can you tell me the version which fix this problem?? and content about fix??

because this problem is not happen often so, I just want to make sure by
postgresql release note.

thanks & best regards