Обсуждение: LOG: incomplete message from client

LOG: incomplete message from client

От
tcoq
Дата:
Hi together,

I am batch-inserting a wide table with 50 columns via JAVA JDBC. (Postgres
9.2.8)

Sporadically I run into this error: (server)

LOG:  incomplete message from client

(client):

: 16:26:06,830  WARN taskExecutor-3 spi.SqlExceptionHelper:143 - SQL Error:
0, SQLState: 08006
: 16:26:06,831 ERROR taskExecutor-3 spi.SqlExceptionHelper:144 - An I/O
error occurred while sending to the .
: 16:26:06,834  WARN taskExecutor-3 impl.NewPooledConnection:486 - [c3p0] A
PooledConnection that has already signalled a Connection error is still in
use!
: 16:26:06,835  WARN taskExecutor-3 impl.NewPooledConnection:487 - [c3p0]
Another error has occurred [ org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: This
connection has been closed. ] which will not be reported to listeners!
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: This connection has been closed.
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.checkClosed(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:837)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.getAutoCommit(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:798)
    at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyConnection.getAutoCommit(NewProxyConnection.java:985)
    at
org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.internal.LogicalConnectionImpl.isAutoCommit(LogicalConnectionImpl.java:392)
    at

org.hibernate.engine.transaction.internal.TransactionCoordinatorImpl.afterNonTransactionalQuery(TransactionCoordinatorImpl.java:195)
    at org.hibernate.internal.SessionImpl.afterOperation(SessionImpl.java:594)
    at
org.hibernate.internal.SessionImpl.executeNativeUpdate(SessionImpl.java:1289)
    at org.hibernate.internal.SQLQueryImpl.executeUpdate(SQLQueryImpl.java:400)

Im only inserting empy values but one column differs in size: URL-column.
When i decrease the batch-size the problem occurs less frequent. I believe
the problem depends on the varying URL size I want to insert.

Is there any way to debug or are there any restrictions on JDBC size for
BATCH inserts? Or is it possible that there are invalid characters inside
some URLs?

Best regards
Steffen

Re: LOG: incomplete message from client

От
tcoq
Дата:
I now did some more tests e.g. driver update new connectionpool but still the
same problem. So I decidet to print and switch to single inserts if batch
was failed.

It seems to be that I did not have a problem, when I switch to
single-insterts so it is not a problem of the data.
Now I believe it is a problem for the combination of colum/batchsize.

Did anyone know a limitation e.g. on JDBC size of limitations?

Re: LOG: incomplete message from client

От
Tomas Vondra
Дата:
On 26.4.2014 06:47, tcoq wrote:
> I now did some more tests e.g. driver update new connectionpool but
> still the same problem. So I decidet to print and switch to single
> inserts if batch was failed.
>
> It seems to be that I did not have a problem, when I switch to
> single-insterts so it is not a problem of the data. Now I believe it
> is a problem for the combination of colum/batchsize.
>
> Did anyone know a limitation e.g. on JDBC size of limitations?

So, what connection pool(s) are you using?

Can you prepare a self-contained test case?

regards
Tomas