Обсуждение: BUG #9604: Unable to access table remotely

BUG #9604: Unable to access table remotely

От
Michael.buccetti@airgas.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      9604
Logged by:          Michael Buccetti
Email address:      Michael.buccetti@airgas.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.0
Operating system:   OpenSuse

We have a java web app running on Tomcat 7 that accesses data on a Postgres
database.  For some reason, we get the following error unexpectedly, causing
a crucial database query to fail:

ERROR: could not open file "base/16397/106156081": No such file or
directory.

We installed PGAdmin on the machine and verified that the error shows up
when querying a specific table.

We are able to run the same query on various other machines without an
issue, and sometimes it looks like the issue clears itself up, but we have
not been able to pinpoint the fix to anything specific that we tried.

Have you seen any issues like this?  We thought that maybe the installation
of Tomcat might have corrupted something on the system that affected both
PGAdmin and the jdbc access to the database, but uninstalling Tomcat did not
fix the issue.

Re: BUG #9604: Unable to access table remotely

От
Vik Fearing
Next week you need to upgrade to 9.1.13.  You're missing two and a half
years of bug fixes.

> Operating system:   OpenSuse
>
> We have a java web app running on Tomcat 7 that accesses data on a Postgres
> database.  For some reason, we get the following error unexpectedly, causing
> a crucial database query to fail:
>
> ERROR: could not open file "base/16397/106156081": No such file or
> directory.
>
> We installed PGAdmin on the machine and verified that the error shows up
> when querying a specific table.
>
> We are able to run the same query on various other machines without an
> issue, and sometimes it looks like the issue clears itself up, but we have
> not been able to pinpoint the fix to anything specific that we tried.
>
> Have you seen any issues like this?  We thought that maybe the installation
> of Tomcat might have corrupted something on the system that affected both
> PGAdmin and the jdbc access to the database, but uninstalling Tomcat did not
> fix the issue.

Is there any chance that that is an unlogged table and the error occurs
after a crash?

I've experienced on two separate sites an error like this on unlogged
tables after a crash, but I can't reproduce it and reading the code
seems straightforward.

--
Vik

Re: BUG #9604: Unable to access table remotely

От
Venkata Balaji Nagothi