Обсуждение: BUG #8407: json_populate_record case sensitivity

BUG #8407: json_populate_record case sensitivity

От
george.stragand@gmail.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      8407
Logged by:          Possible bug with json_populate_record?
Email address:      george.stragand@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3rc1
Operating system:   Ubuntu

Using PostgreSQL 9.3beta2.

SELECT version();

PostgreSQL 9.3beta2 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
(Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3, 64-bit

The question is regarding json keys in uppercase.  Here's a small example:

create type testPop as (
    foobar int
);

This returns as expected:

select * from json_populate_record(null::testPop, '{"foobar": 1}');

Whereas this form, upper-cased version of foobar, returns an empty record.

select * from json_populate_record(null::testPop, '{"FOOBAR": 1}');

That could be working as designed, as 'foobar' != 'FOOBAR', and is
completely acceptable.

So, drop the type and recreate it with these statements:

drop type testPop;

create type testPop as (
    FOOBAR int
);

And this form will still return an empty record:

select * from json_populate_record(null::testPop, '{"FOOBAR": 1}');

Again, this could be 100% working as designed per the contract of column
names.  That's acceptable, but then the question is how to match keys
expressed as uppercase.  The source of the json is from an external vendor,
so not something we can go back and change directly.

Thank you.

Re: BUG #8407: json_populate_record case sensitivity

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
george.stragand@gmail.com escribió:

> create type testPop as (
>     FOOBAR int
> );

Your problem is that this identifier has been downcased.  This works:

alvherre=# create type testPop as (
alvherre(# "FOOBAR" int);
CREATE TYPE
alvherre=# select * from json_populate_record(null::testPop, '{"FOOBAR": 1}');
 FOOBAR
--------
      1
(1 fila)

Re: BUG #8407: json_populate_record case sensitivity

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
On 2013-08-29 21:08:56 +0000, george.stragand@gmail.com wrote:
>=20
> Bug reference:      8407
> Logged by:          Possible bug with json_populate_record?
> Email address:      george.stragand@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3rc1
> Operating system:   Ubuntu
>=20
> Using PostgreSQL 9.3beta2.
>=20
>=20
> SELECT version();
>=20
>=20
> PostgreSQL 9.3beta2 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
> (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3, 64-bit
>=20
>=20
> The question is regarding json keys in uppercase.  Here's a small examp=
le:
>=20
>=20
> create type testPop as (
>     foobar int
> );
>=20
>=20
> This returns as expected:
>=20
>=20
> select * from json_populate_record(null::testPop, '{"foobar": 1}');
>=20
>=20
> Whereas this form, upper-cased version of foobar, returns an empty reco=
rd.
>=20
>=20
> select * from json_populate_record(null::testPop, '{"FOOBAR": 1}');
>=20
>=20
> That could be working as designed, as 'foobar' !=3D 'FOOBAR', and is
> completely acceptable.=20
>=20
>=20
> So, drop the type and recreate it with these statements:
>=20
>=20
> drop type testPop;
>=20
>=20
> create type testPop as (
>     FOOBAR int
> );

Postgresql lowercases unquoted identifiers. Make that =BB"FOOBAR" int=AB =
and
it should work.

Greetings,

Andres Freund