Обсуждение: BUG #7750: pid file conflict in RedHat

BUG #7750: pid file conflict in RedHat

От
postgres@tbruce.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      7750
Logged by:          Timothy J Bruce
Email address:      postgres@tbruce.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.6
Operating system:   RedHat v6.2

In line 238 of the rpm based init.d script, the pid file is called
specifically with a qualified path ("status -p
/var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid"), even though line 70 specifies a variable to
point to the pid file (pidfile=3D"/var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid").

This is with rpm version of postgres 9.1.4 and 9.1.6 (we haven't tested
9.1.7 at this time).

Re: BUG #7750: pid file conflict in RedHat

> In line 238 of the rpm based init.d script, the pid file is called
> specifically with a qualified path ("status -p
> /var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid"), even though line 70 specifies a variable to
> point to the pid file (pidfile="/var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid").
>
> This is with rpm version of postgres 9.1.4 and 9.1.6 (we haven't tested
> 9.1.7 at this time).

I think you need to report this to Red Hat;  we didn't create that file.

Re: BUG #7750: pid file conflict in RedHat

Дата:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 06:41:29PM +0000, postgres@tbruce.com wrote:
>> In line 238 of the rpm based init.d script, the pid file is called
>> specifically with a qualified path ("status -p
>> /var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid"), even though line 70 specifies a variable to
>> point to the pid file (pidfile="/var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid").
>>
>> This is with rpm version of postgres 9.1.4 and 9.1.6 (we haven't tested
>> 9.1.7 at this time).

> I think you need to report this to Red Hat;  we didn't create that file.

Red Hat didn't either.  This report is evidently about the PGDG RPMs.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #7750: pid file conflict in RedHat

Дата:
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:28:40PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 06:41:29PM +0000, postgres@tbruce.com wrote:
> >> In line 238 of the rpm based init.d script, the pid file is called
> >> specifically with a qualified path ("status -p
> >> /var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid"), even though line 70 specifies a variable to
> >> point to the pid file (pidfile="/var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid").
> >>
> >> This is with rpm version of postgres 9.1.4 and 9.1.6 (we haven't tested
> >> 9.1.7 at this time).
>
> > I think you need to report this to Red Hat;  we didn't create that file.
>
> Red Hat didn't either.  This report is evidently about the PGDG RPMs.

Yes, I have found it is a PGDG RPM and forwarded it to Devrim.

Re: BUG #7750: pid file conflict in RedHat

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 18:41 +0000, postgres@tbruce.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      7750
> Logged by:          Timothy J Bruce
> Email address:      postgres@tbruce.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.6
> Operating system:   RedHat v6.2
>
> In line 238 of the rpm based init.d script, the pid file is called
> specifically with a qualified path ("status -p
> /var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid"), even though line 70 specifies a variable to
> point to the pid file (pidfile="/var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid").

Last time I checked (it might be an older version of RHEL), status()
could not use the $pidfile effectively, that's why I did not put it
there. Looks like it is doable now .

Created http://wiki.pgrpms.org/ticket/87 for this. This change will be
available in next patch release.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: BUG #7750: pid file conflict in RedHat

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 18:41 +0000, postgres@tbruce.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      7750
> Logged by:          Timothy J Bruce
> Email address:      postgres@tbruce.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.6
> Operating system:   RedHat v6.2
>
> In line 238 of the rpm based init.d script, the pid file is called
> specifically with a qualified path ("status -p
> /var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid"), even though line 70 specifies a variable to
> point to the pid file (pidfile="/var/run/postmaster-9.1.pid").
>
> This is with rpm version of postgres 9.1.4 and 9.1.6 (we haven't tested
> 9.1.7 at this time).

I committed this to 9.1.8 and 9.2.3. They will be available in Friday's
releases.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ