Обсуждение: BUG #6002: French character show garbled

BUG #6002: French character show garbled

От
"Savita"
Дата:

Bug reference:      6002
Logged by:          Savita
Email address:      savita.halli@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.5
Operating system:   AIX
Details:

Hi

We are facing a problem while inserting a Latin character (é) into
Postgresql. We are using postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar to connect to the PSQL
and trying to insert the following statement: "Vérification" through JDBC.
Once inserted we went back to PSQL and ran the select query and the result
is different: Vérification. Here the character é is being replaced by
é.

Could any one please help us in resolving this problem as we are stuck with
this?

Note: We have even tried this on Database with encoding SQL_ASCII and UTF8
as well.

Thanks
Savita

Re: BUG #6002: French character show garbled

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 02.05.2011 19:33, Savita wrote:
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.5

You should upgrade to the latest minor version of the 8.3 series. 8.3.5
is over two years old, and there has been lot of security and other
important bug fixes since then.

> We are facing a problem while inserting a Latin character (é) into
> Postgresql. We are using postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar to connect to the PSQL
> and trying to insert the following statement: "Vérification" through JDBC.
> Once inserted we went back to PSQL and ran the select query and the result
> is different: Vérification. Here the character é is being replaced by
> é.
>
> Could any one please help us in resolving this problem as we are stuck with
> this?

Sounds like your client_encoding doesn't match the actual character set
of the terminal.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas