Обсуждение: BUG #5918: SummarizeOldestCommittedSxact assertion failure

BUG #5918: SummarizeOldestCommittedSxact assertion failure

От
"YAMAMOTO Takashi"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5918
Logged by:          YAMAMOTO Takashi
Email address:      yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp
PostgreSQL version: 9.1devel
Operating system:   NetBSD
Details:

running 05d93c38a791836eeceaf8edb0ea8cb19cdf2760 with my patch
in BUG #5915 applied, i got the following assertion failure.
given that availableList is not empty and SxactGlobalXminCount == 0,
i guess it was raced with ReleasePredicateLocks.

(gdb) bt
#0  0xbbba4cc7 in _lwp_kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.12
#1  0xbbba4c85 in raise (s=6) at /siro/nbsd/src/lib/libc/gen/raise.c:48
#2  0xbbba445a in abort () at /siro/nbsd/src/lib/libc/stdlib/abort.c:74
#3  0x083dbfa4 in ExceptionalCondition (
    conditionName=0x854d904
"!(!SHMQueueEmpty(FinishedSerializableTransactions))
", errorType=0x854d360 "FailedAssertion", fileName=0x854d354 "predicate.c",
    lineNumber=1311) at assert.c:57
#4  0x082e8423 in SummarizeOldestCommittedSxact () at predicate.c:1311
#5  0x082e87ab in RegisterSerializableTransactionInt (snapshot=0x8596aa0)
    at predicate.c:1451
#6  0x082e86ca in RegisterSerializableTransaction (snapshot=0x8596aa0)
    at predicate.c:1415
#7  0x0840ebb2 in GetTransactionSnapshot () at snapmgr.c:138
#8  0x082f44df in exec_bind_message (input_message=0xbfbfe2c4)
    at postgres.c:1545
#9  0x082f7839 in PostgresMain (argc=2, argv=0xbb9196a4,
    username=0xbb9195f8 "takashi") at postgres.c:3944
#10 0x082a8359 in BackendRun (port=0xbb94f0f0) at postmaster.c:3593
#11 0x082a7a1d in BackendStartup (port=0xbb94f0f0) at postmaster.c:3278
#12 0x082a4c9d in ServerLoop () at postmaster.c:1452
#13 0x082a444c in PostmasterMain (argc=3, argv=0xbfbfe594) at
postmaster.c:1113
#14 0x0822571c in main (argc=3, argv=0xbfbfe594) at main.c:199
(gdb) p PredXact
$3 = (PredXactList) 0xbb53fc80
(gdb) p *PredXact
$4 = {availableList = {prev = 0xbb5479d0, next = 0xbb5407e4}, activeList =
{
    prev = 0xbb548e4c, next = 0xbb53fcc0}, SxactGlobalXmin = 0,
  SxactGlobalXminCount = 0, WritableSxactCount = 0,
  LastSxactCommitSeqNo = 4582775, CanPartialClearThrough = 4582775,
  HavePartialClearedThrough = 3576768, OldCommittedSxact = 0xbb53fcc8,
  element = 0xbb53fcc0}
(gdb)

Re: BUG #5918: SummarizeOldestCommittedSxact assertion failure

От
Heikki Linnakangas