Обсуждение: BUG #5751: pg_restore does not work correctly with BLOBs

BUG #5751: pg_restore does not work correctly with BLOBs

От
"Michael Feldmann"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5751
Logged by:          Michael Feldmann
Email address:      michael.feldmann@uni-muenster.de
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.5
Operating system:   Ubuntu
Details:

I start with a database containing only a BLOB.
Then I dump this database with pg_dump -Fc
Then I create a new database testblob
and restore the dump with the command

  pg_restore -v -c -d testblob -O blob.dump

This works as expected.
But if I try restore the same dump again
with the same command I get the error message

  pg_restore: restoring BLOBS
  pg_restore: [archiver] could not create large object 25213
  pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

If I first drop the database testblob and then
create it again everything works fine.
It seems that pg_restore does not clean the
old database completely, despite the -c flag.

We ran into this problem when writing an
automated mirroring script.

Best Regards
Michael Feldmann
---
ZIV, University of Muenster, Germany

Re: BUG #5751: pg_restore does not work correctly with BLOBs

Дата:
"Michael Feldmann" <michael.feldmann@uni-muenster.de> writes:
> [ pg_dump -c doesn't delete BLOBs ]

This appears to be fixed in 9.0.  I fear it's impractical to do anything
about it before that, because pg_dump didn't treat BLOBs as first-class
objects before 9.0.

            regards, tom lane