Обсуждение: BUG #5342: Error

BUG #5342: Error

От
"Shilpa.R"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5342
Logged by:          Shilpa.R
Email address:      shilpar1800@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: PostgreSQL Data
Operating system:   Windows Xp
Details:

I found an error stating syntax error near or at sets in the following
query
select agegrp, cartype, risk, count(*) as count
from trset
group by risk, grouping sets ((agegrp,cartype))

Re: BUG #5342: Error

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
"Shilpa.R" <shilpar1800@gmail.com> wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: PostgreSQL Data

That's not very informative; what do you get from running?:

select version();

> I found an error stating syntax error near or at sets in the
> following query
> select agegrp, cartype, risk, count(*) as count
> from trset
> group by risk, grouping sets ((agegrp,cartype))

I'm not familiar with "grouping sets" -- where in the PostgreSQL
documentation do you find those defined?

-Kevin

Re: BUG #5342: Error

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
Shilpa.R escreveu:
> select agegrp, cartype, risk, count(*) as count
> from trset
> group by risk, grouping sets ((agegrp,cartype))

This is not a bug. If you had searched the fine manual, you would figure out
that grouping sets is not supported by PostgreSQL yet.

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/