Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] How duplicate data produce when a UNIQUE index exite ?

Re: [GENERAL] How duplicate data produce when a UNIQUE index exite ?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
2009/11/24 RD黄永卫 <yongwei_huang@gtmc.com.cn>:
> Dear all,
>

> When   "reindex" operation do,this error occurred:
> Nov 22 10:22:27 SUC11 postgres[14145]: [2-1] ERROR:  could not create unique
> Nov 22 10:22:27 SUC11 postgres[14145]: [2-2] DETAIL:  Table contains
> duplicated values.
> Nov 22 10:22:27 SUC11 postgres[14145]: [2-3] STATEMENT:  REINDEX TABLE
> "t_sfh_history"
>
> My question is:
>
> How the  Duplicate datas produce when a UNIQUE index exite ?
> Is this a bug of PostgreSQL ?

Either bad hardware, or a pgsql bug can do this.

> My postgreSQL version is :
>  PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2.3
> 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-56)

You are aware that 8.1.x is up to 8.1.18, right, that's 14 or so
updates you're missing.  Could one of them have fixed a bug that
causes this? Sure.  Look through the changelogs to be sure, but why
not just keep your pgsql version up to date?  It's easier.

Or are you running some redhat version that stays the same number
while getting bugs back ported to it or something?

Re: 答复: [GENERAL] How duplicate data produce when a UNIQUE index exite ?

От
Scott Marlowe
>> When   "reindex" operation do,this error occurred:
>> Nov 22 10:22:27 SUC11 postgres[14145]: [2-1] ERROR:  could not create unique
>> Nov 22 10:22:27 SUC11 postgres[14145]: [2-2] DETAIL:  Table contains
>> duplicated values.
>> Nov 22 10:22:27 SUC11 postgres[14145]: [2-3] STATEMENT:  REINDEX TABLE
>> "t_sfh_history"
>>
>> My question is:
>>
>> How the  Duplicate datas produce when a UNIQUE index exite ?
>> Is this a bug of PostgreSQL ?
>

>>> My postgreSQL version is :
>>>  PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2.3
>>> 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-56)
>
>> You are aware that 8.1.x is up to 8.1.18, right, that's 14 or so
>> updates you're missing.  Could one of them have fixed a bug that
>> causes this? Sure.  Look through the changelogs to be sure, but why
>> not just keep your pgsql version up to date?  It's easier.
>>
>> Or are you running some redhat version that stays the same number
>> while getting bugs back ported to it or something?
>
> Either , or a pgsql bug can do this.
>
> What kind of " bad hardware " cause that ? May I reproduce that ?

Any kind of bad hardware.  Bad memory, cpu, motherboard, RAID
controller, possibly the OS and on and on.

memtest86+ is a good starting place to see if your hardware has cpu /
ram /mobo issues.

But first, update pgsql.  Then hunt down your duplicates and fix the
data in the database.  I'm pretty sure there were a few problems like
this in the early 8.1 series releases.

Re: [GENERAL] How duplicate data produce when a UNIQUE index exite ?

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
Scott Marlowe wrote:
My postgreSQL version is :PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2.3
20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-56)
You are aware that 8.1.x is up to 8.1.18, right, that's 14 or so
updates you're missing.  Could one of them have fixed a bug that
causes this? Sure.  Look through the changelogs to be sure, but why
not just keep your pgsql version up to date?  It's easier.

Or are you running some redhat version that stays the same number
while getting bugs back ported to it or something?
That GCC string suggests this is a RHEL3 system, which would have shipped with PostgreSQL 7.3.  Not sure how they got 8.1 onto there, but a later 8.1 is certainly a useful first step to take here, before they get any more corruption from that ancient version when trying to fix things.  Compiling PostgreSQL on RHEL3 from source has some fun challenges; http://markmail.org/message/2bclakrjfxtgwcge#query:+page:1+mid:jhj3yf7zxfmsi22i+state:results covers the main one I'm aware of.  And unfortunately http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.1/redhat/rhel3.0/ seems to be empty, so a source build may be the only good route to get a newer version onto there.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Re: [GENERAL] How duplicate data produce when a UNIQUE index exite ?

Дата:
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> That GCC string suggests this is a RHEL3 system, which would have
> shipped with PostgreSQL 7.3. Not sure how they got 8.1 onto there, but a
> later 8.1 is certainly a useful first step to take here, before they get
> any more corruption from that ancient version when trying to fix things.
> Compiling PostgreSQL on RHEL3 from source has some fun challenges;
> http://markmail.org/message/2bclakrjfxtgwcge#query:+page:1+mid:jhj3yf7zxfmsi22i+state:results
> covers the main one I'm aware of. And unfortunately
> http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.1/redhat/rhel3.0/ seems to be empty, so a
> source build may be the only good route to get a newer version onto there.

The least painful route for a user of an RPM build would be to grab the
latest SRPM they can find and then modify that specfile to reference the
newer tarball.  This should be a relatively mechanical thing (although
you might have to adjust some of the applied patches).  The advantage
over just doing a naive build from source is that the update would
install into the right places, play nicely with the package system etc.

            regards, tom lane

答复: [GENERAL] How duplicate data produce when a UNIQUE index exite ?

От
RD黄永卫

Tom Lane wrote:
> The least painful route for a user of an RPM build would be to grab the
> latest SRPM they can find and then modify that specfile to reference the
> newer tarball.
Rebuilding RPMs from source has its own challenges, if they're not
already using a packaged build that may not necessarily be the easiest
way; hard to say.  One thing I didn't remember to suggest last night:
you can always find out how your existing PostgreSQL was built using
pg_config ; look at the CONFIGURE = line and it will show you what
parameters were passed to the "./configure" step of the build the last
time.  If you're not sure exactly how the old one was built, this can
help you out.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com