Обсуждение: BUG #5193: should "select * from ab limitkkk" cause a syntax error?

BUG #5193: should "select * from ab limitkkk" cause a syntax error?

От
""
Дата:

Bug reference:      5193
Logged by:
Email address:      donniehan@126.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

Hi guys,

The following sql statement is not illegal

But pg can run it.

postgres=# select * from a limitkkk;  ---->(seems equal "limit null")
---
 1
 1
 1
 1
 1
(5 rows)

Should pg throws a syntax error?

Regards
-Dongni

Re: BUG #5193: should "select * from ab limitkkk" cause a syntax error?

Дата:
"" <donniehan@126.com> writes:
> postgres=# select * from a limitkkk;  ---->(seems equal "limit null")

> Should pg throws a syntax error?

If we did, we'd be violating the SQL standard.  The "limitkkk"
is a perfectly valid table alias.  There's no AS in front of it,
but unfortunately the spec allows and even encourages people to
omit AS.

            regards, tom lane