Обсуждение: BUG #5023: pg_relation_size() is not case sensitive

BUG #5023: pg_relation_size() is not case sensitive

От
"Joseph Shraibman"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5023
Logged by:          Joseph Shraibman
Email address:      jks@selectacast.net
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.7
Operating system:   Linux
Details:

The  pg_relation_size(text) method cannot determine the size of a relation
that has capital letters.  This became an issue for me because some of
Slony's indexes use capital letters.

The workaround is  to use the version of the function that takes an oid.

This issue exists in 8.3.7 and 8.2.13.

Re: BUG #5023: pg_relation_size() is not case sensitive

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
"Joseph Shraibman" <jks@selectacast.net> wrote:

> The  pg_relation_size(text) method cannot determine the size of a
> relation that has capital letters.

Did you try putting quotes inside the apostrophes?:

SELECT pg_relation_size('"MixedCaseRelation"');

-Kevin

Re: BUG #5023: pg_relation_size() is not case sensitive

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Joseph Shraibman <jks@selectacast.net> wrote:
> Kevin Grittner wrote:

>> Did you try putting quotes inside the apostrophes?:
>>
> No, I didn't.  I didn't know I could do that.

That's generally true in recent versions.  (Try the -t option on
pg_dump for the first place I ran into it.)  Perhaps it should be
documented better, but it doesn't seem like a good idea to put it
everywhere a relation name is referenced.  I wonder if it would be
overkill to have a short page on the topic in the documentation and
just link to it from each documentation page where it might be
needed....

-Kevin

Re: BUG #5023: pg_relation_size() is not case sensitive

От
Joseph Shraibman
Дата: