Обсуждение: What happened with bug #2527?

What happened with bug #2527?

От
"Sam's Lists"
Дата:
I seem to be being bitten by the same bug as #2527 which was reported three
years ago.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-07/msg00056.php

I can't find any record of it having been addressed.

The bug was filed under Postrges 8.1.1; I'm on 8.3.7 on Ubuntu.

The error when 07 starts with an '

x=# select to_tsquery('foo & ''07 & bar');
ERROR:  syntax error in tsquery: "foo & '07 & bar"

Just plain 07 works okay:

x=# select to_tsquery('foo & 07 & bar');
      to_tsquery
----------------------
 'foo' & '07' & 'bar'
(1 row)

Is there a bug, or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks

Re: What happened with bug #2527?

Дата:
"Sam's Lists" <samslists@gmail.com> writes:
> I seem to be being bitten by the same bug as #2527 which was reported three
> years ago.

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-07/msg00056.php

> I can't find any record of it having been addressed.

I don't think it's really a bug --- or at least, if it's a bug, the bug
is that it doesn't throw error on both of those inputs.  See the lexeme
quoting rules at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/datatype-textsearch.html
which these examples are clearly violating.

            regards, tom lane