Обсуждение: BUG #4667: pg_standby error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin

BUG #4667: pg_standby error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin

От
"Andrew Shved"
Дата:

Bug reference:      4667
Logged by:          Andrew Shved
Email address:      ashved@symcor.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.5
Operating system:   Sun Sloaris 10 SPARC 64 bit  ( SunOS 5.10)
Details:

I rely heavily on pg_standby for my BCP site and seems to have a bug on my
platform.

I installed PostgreSQL 8.3.5 from binaries using from
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.5/solaris/solaris10/sparc/

and I get the following error in my standby log  when trying to restore -
ld.so.1: pg_standby: fatal: libpq.so.5: open failed: No such file or
directory

Looks like C error.  My restrore_command is
restore_command = '/postgres/postgres/8.3-community/bin/64/pg_standby -d -s
5 -t /pgdata/HA1/pgsql.trigger.5442 /pg_xlog/HA1/restorelog %f %p %r
2>>/pgdata/HA1/standby.log'

just to make sure i am not going insane I did restore using this -
restore_command='cp /pg_xlog/HA1/restorelog/%f %p >>
/pgdata/HA1/standby.log'
and it worked perfectly so my set up is ok.

Can I get your help on fixing this as it worked so well for linux on version
8.2.4 but seems to fail on solaris 10 sparc.

Re: BUG #4667: pg_standby error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin

Дата:
"Andrew Shved" <ashved@symcor.com> writes:
> I installed PostgreSQL 8.3.5 from binaries using from
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.5/solaris/solaris10/sparc/

> and I get the following error in my standby log  when trying to restore -
> ld.so.1: pg_standby: fatal: libpq.so.5: open failed: No such file or
> directory

Do you have that version of libpq.so installed?  If so, is it in a
place where programs will look for it?  Solaris often requires hacking
with LD_RUN_PATH or some such to deal with nonstandard installation
locations for shared libraries.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #4667: pg_standby error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin

От
AShved@symcor.com

tom I have libpq.so installed in /usr/lib.  Do i set LD_RUN_PATH on Solaris
to /usr/lib?  I did that still failed with the same error.

Sorry very new to this.

Andrew Shved
DBA
Symcor Inc, Corporate Applications
Tel:(905)273-1433
Mobile:(416)803-2675
"aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

             Tom Lane
             <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.u
             s>                                                         To
                                       "Andrew Shved" <ashved@symcor.com>
             19/02/2009 10:54                                           cc
             AM                        pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [BUGS] BUG #4667: pg_standby
                                       error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin

"Andrew Shved" <ashved@symcor.com> writes:
> I installed PostgreSQL 8.3.5 from binaries using from
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.5/solaris/solaris10/sparc/

> and I get the following error in my standby log  when trying to restore -
> ld.so.1: pg_standby: fatal: libpq.so.5: open failed: No such file or
> directory

Do you have that version of libpq.so installed?  If so, is it in a
place where programs will look for it?  Solaris often requires hacking
with LD_RUN_PATH or some such to deal with nonstandard installation
locations for shared libraries.

                                     regards, tom lane

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
This communication, including any attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary and/or
confidentialinformation. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or
distributionis strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
returne-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.

AVERTISSEMENT RELATIF À LA CONFIDENTIALITÉ
Ce message, ainsi que les pièces qui y sont jointes, est destiné à l’usage exclusif de la personne à laquelle il
s’adresseet peut contenir de l’information personnelle ou confidentielle. Si le lecteur de ce message n’en est pas le
destinataire,nous l’avisons par la présente que toute diffusion, distribution, reproduction ou utilisation de son
contenuest strictement interdite. Veuillez avertir sur-le-champ l’expéditeur par retour de courrier électronique et
supprimezce message ainsi que toutes les pièces jointes.

Re: BUG #4667: pg_standby error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin

От
AShved@symcor.com

I have ./postgres/8.3-community/lib/64/libpq.so.5  so how do i make it use
it.

Regards,

Andrew Shved
DBA
Symcor Inc, Corporate Applications
Tel:(905)273-1433
Mobile:(416)803-2675
"aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

             Tom Lane
             <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.u
             s>                                                         To
                                       "Andrew Shved" <ashved@symcor.com>
             19/02/2009 10:54                                           cc
             AM                        pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [BUGS] BUG #4667: pg_standby
                                       error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin

"Andrew Shved" <ashved@symcor.com> writes:
> I installed PostgreSQL 8.3.5 from binaries using from
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.5/solaris/solaris10/sparc/

> and I get the following error in my standby log  when trying to restore -
> ld.so.1: pg_standby: fatal: libpq.so.5: open failed: No such file or
> directory

Do you have that version of libpq.so installed?  If so, is it in a
place where programs will look for it?  Solaris often requires hacking
with LD_RUN_PATH or some such to deal with nonstandard installation
locations for shared libraries.

                                     regards, tom lane

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
This communication, including any attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary and/or
confidentialinformation. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or
distributionis strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
returne-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.

AVERTISSEMENT RELATIF À LA CONFIDENTIALITÉ
Ce message, ainsi que les pièces qui y sont jointes, est destiné à l’usage exclusif de la personne à laquelle il
s’adresseet peut contenir de l’information personnelle ou confidentielle. Si le lecteur de ce message n’en est pas le
destinataire,nous l’avisons par la présente que toute diffusion, distribution, reproduction ou utilisation de son
contenuest strictement interdite. Veuillez avertir sur-le-champ l’expéditeur par retour de courrier électronique et
supprimezce message ainsi que toutes les pièces jointes.

Re: BUG #4667: pg_standby error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin

Дата:
AShved@symcor.com writes:
> I have ./postgres/8.3-community/lib/64/libpq.so.5  so how do i make it use
> it.

Try pointing LD_RUN_PATH at that directory.  There are probably easier
ways, but I'm not a Solaris expert to know how else you can configure
the search path for its dynamic linker.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #4667: pg_standby error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
AShved@symcor.com wrote:
> I have ./postgres/8.3-community/lib/64/libpq.so.5  so how do i make it use
> it.

assuming you're using sh/ksh/bash and not csh, in the script thats
launching your application, or in your account ~/.profile ...

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH;
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/postgres/8.3-community/lib/64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    ....run.the.rest.of.your.stuff....

csh uses setenv or something instead.