Обсуждение: BUG #4481: Big text insert/update using functions failed

BUG #4481: Big text insert/update using functions failed

От
"Julien Vadnais"
Дата:

Bug reference:      4481
Logged by:          Julien Vadnais
Email address:      jvadnais@cybergeneration.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.5
Operating system:   Ubuntu Linux 7.04, Kernel 2.6.20-15-server
Details:

Our actual configuration:
PostgreSQL(libpq) Version : 8.2.4
Pdo : Module version 1.0.2
PHP : Version 5.2.6

When trying to insert/update long text string into the DB using a pgsql
function, an error occures. (If ~6000 char or more)

We have made several tests and we found that: -Insert/Update using
pg-function and PDO failed
-Insert/Update using PDO without pg-function works
-Insert/Update using pg-function without PDO works
-Insert/Update not using PDO and pg-function works

This error was not occuring before we upgraded from postgresql-8.1.10.
We tryed upgrading to postgresql-8.2.5 and postgresql-8.3.3 but the problem
still occured in both of those versions.

Here is the error we are catching on the DB server:

SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected
could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
unexpected EOF on client connection

Re: BUG #4481: Big text insert/update using functions failed

Дата:
"Julien Vadnais" <jvadnais@cybergeneration.com> writes:
> When trying to insert/update long text string into the DB using a pgsql
> function, an error occures. (If ~6000 char or more)

People do that every day without problems.  It sounds to me like you
need to take this up with the authors of PDO (whatever that is).

            regards, tom lane