Обсуждение: win32 installer page in pgfoundry is wrong

win32 installer page in pgfoundry is wrong

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Hi,

There is an announcement at http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/
titled
    Don't look here for announcements
which contains an URL:
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/win32

This URL returns a 404.

Re: win32 installer page in pgfoundry is wrong

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is an announcement at http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/
> titled
>     Don't look here for announcements
> which contains an URL:
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/win32
>
> This URL returns a 404.

Um, yeah, who removed that symlink? And why? If there was a good reason,
we should change the links into it. If it was done by mistake, the
symlink should just be put back :-)

//Magnus

Re: [pgsql-www] win32 installer page in pgfoundry is wrong

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is an announcement at http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/
>> titled
>>       Don't look here for announcements
>> which contains an URL:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/win32
>>
>> This URL returns a 404.
>
> Um, yeah, who removed that symlink? And why? If there was a good reason,
> we should change the links into it. If it was done by mistake, the
> symlink should just be put back :-)

It was removed a while back as it was only ever supposed to be a
temporary measure to help the new windows users when we released 8.0
('cos apparently some people thought they wouldn't be able to navigate
the FTP site with the same effectiveness as *nix users).

--
Dave Page

Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There is an announcement at http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/
>>> titled
>>>       Don't look here for announcements
>>> which contains an URL:
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/win32
>>>
>>> This URL returns a 404.
>> Um, yeah, who removed that symlink? And why? If there was a good reason,
>> we should change the links into it. If it was done by mistake, the
>> symlink should just be put back :-)
>
> It was removed a while back as it was only ever supposed to be a
> temporary measure to help the new windows users when we released 8.0
> ('cos apparently some people thought they wouldn't be able to navigate
> the FTP site with the same effectiveness as *nix users).

Ok. link updated.

//Magnus