Обсуждение: Problem with planer

Problem with planer

От
Дата:
select ats.id, ap.value from akh_test_suit ats
LEFT JOIN akh_properties ap on ap.ID =3D ats.test_suit_type_id
where ats.ID =3D 472

id | value
472 | 472
ID -- integer
value -- text

select * from akh_test_suit ats
LEFT JOIN akh_properties ap on ap.ID =3D ats.test_suit_type_id
where ats.ID =3D 472 and ap.value::integer =3D ats.ID

ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: "--username sergeiz --password se=
rgeiz --non-interactive svn://sergeiz"

akh_properties.values has non numeric values, but those rows do not (MUST N=
OT) participate in results as showed in first query
Why PG check them?

Re: Problem with planer

От
Hans-Juergen Schoenig
Дата:
Eugen.Konkov@aldec.com wrote:
> select ats.id, ap.value from akh_test_suit ats
> LEFT JOIN akh_properties ap on ap.ID = ats.test_suit_type_id
> where ats.ID = 472
> id | value
> 472 | 472
> ID -- integer
> value -- text
> select * from akh_test_suit ats
> LEFT JOIN akh_properties ap on ap.ID = ats.test_suit_type_id
> where ats.ID = 472 and ap.value::integer = ats.ID
> ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "--username sergeiz
> --password sergeiz --non-interactive svn://sergeiz"
> akh_properties.values has non numeric values, but those rows do not
> (MUST NOT) participate in results as showed in first query
> Why PG check them?

can you share the PostgreSQL version you are using with us?
maybe you can compile a test case?
or maybe you are facing some sort of corruption? what happens after dump
/ reload?

many thanks,

hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
PostgreSQL Solutions and Support

Re: Problem with planer

От
Дата:
> can you share the PostgreSQL version you are using
PG8.3.1
>maybe you are facing some sort of corruption?
I do not know. All other works fine except that.

>> select ats.id, ap.value from akh_test_suit ats
>> LEFT JOIN akh_properties ap on ap.ID = ats.test_suit_type_id
>> where ats.ID = 472
>> id | value
>> 472 | 472
>> ID -- integer
>> value -- text
>> select * from akh_test_suit ats
>> LEFT JOIN akh_properties ap on ap.ID = ats.test_suit_type_id
>> where ats.ID = 472 and ap.value::integer = ats.ID
>> ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "--username sergeiz --password
>> sergeiz --non-interactive svn://sergeiz"
>> akh_properties.values has non numeric values, but those rows do not (MUST
>> NOT) participate in results as showed in first query
>> Why PG check them?
>
> can you share the PostgreSQL version you are using with us?
> maybe you can compile a test case?
> or maybe you are facing some sort of corruption? what happens after dump /
> reload?
>
> many thanks,
>
> hans
>
> --
> Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
> PostgreSQL Solutions and Support
> Gröhrmühlgasse 26, A-2700 Wiener Neustadt
> Tel: +43/1/205 10 35 / 340
> www.postgresql-support.de, www.postgresql-support.com

Re: Problem with planer

От
Russell Smith
Дата:
Eugen.Konkov@aldec.com wrote:
> select ats.id, ap.value from akh_test_suit ats
> LEFT JOIN akh_properties ap on ap.ID = ats.test_suit_type_id
> where ats.ID = 472
>
> id | value
> 472 | 472
> ID -- integer
> value -- text
>

> select * from akh_test_suit ats
> LEFT JOIN akh_properties ap on ap.ID = ats.test_suit_type_id
> where ats.ID = 472 and ap.value::integer = ats.ID
>
> ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: "--username sergeiz
> --password sergeiz --non-interactive svn://sergeiz"

where clauses are not evaluated in the order written.  There is no
guarantee that ats.ID = 472 will be evaluated before ap.value::integer.
You can't write SQL queries like they are a piece of programming logic,
they are not always evaluated in order and may not be evaluated in the
order you wrote them.  My first guess it to write it up as a subquery;

select * from (select * from akh_test_suit ats
LEFT JOIN akh_properties ap on ap.ID = ats.test_suit_type_id
where ats.ID = 472) as sub WHERE value::integer = ID;

Or unless you are specifically needing the performance, you could just
allow pg to automatically coerce ats.ID to text.

Regards

Russell.