Обсуждение: Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

От
Дата:
Is this possible?
_____
Eugen

Re: Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Eugen.Konkov@aldec.com wrote:
> Is this possible?

That is a question, not a bug.

But yes, it is possible.

Re: Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

От
Дата:
Bug in that, that I install PG on server with perl 5.10 installed, but PG
fails to run any PLPERL code
How to fix?

> Bug in that, that I install PG on server with perl 5.10 installed, but
> PG fails to run any PLPERL code
> How to fix?

Could you post some test case?

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

Re: Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

От
Дата:
1. Install Perl v5.10
2. Install PG
3. PG does not see that machine has Perl
4. Remove Perl and PG
5. Instll Perl v5.8
6. Install PG
7. PG work fine
Problem is that PG does not recognize Perl v5.10 =(
>> Bug in that, that I install PG on server with perl 5.10 installed, but
>> PG fails to run any PLPERL code
>> How to fix?
>>
> Could you post some test case?
>

> --
>  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
>  http://www.timbira.com/

Re: Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Eugen.Konkov@aldec.com wrote:
> 1. Install Perl v5.10
> 2. Install PG
> 3. PG does not see that machine has Perl
> 4. Remove Perl and PG
> 5. Instll Perl v5.8
> 6. Install PG
> 7. PG work fine
> Problem is that PG does not recognize Perl v5.10 =(

Please provide the actual commands and the actual output, not abstract
descriptions.

I can tell you that I am building and running PostgreSQL and Perl 5.10 just
fine.  So the problem must be in the details, which are not evident from your
description.

Re: Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Eugen.Konkov@aldec.com wrote:
>> 1. Install Perl v5.10
>> 2. Install PG
>> 3. PG does not see that machine has Perl
>> 4. Remove Perl and PG
>> 5. Instll Perl v5.8
>> 6. Install PG
>> 7. PG work fine
>> Problem is that PG does not recognize Perl v5.10 =(
>
> Please provide the actual commands and the actual output, not abstract
> descriptions.
>
> I can tell you that I am building and running PostgreSQL and Perl 5.10 just
> fine.  So the problem must be in the details, which are not evident from your
> description.

I think he is talking about the Windows binary distribution. In which
case, the answer is no - the binary windows distribution of 8.3 does
*not* work with perl 5.10.

Other platforms, and build-from-source on Windows should, AFAIK.

//Magnus

Re: Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

От
"Pavel Stehule"
Дата:
2008/8/22 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>:
> Eugen.Konkov@aldec.com wrote:
>> 1. Install Perl v5.10
>> 2. Install PG
>> 3. PG does not see that machine has Perl
>> 4. Remove Perl and PG
>> 5. Instll Perl v5.8
>> 6. Install PG
>> 7. PG work fine
>> Problem is that PG does not recognize Perl v5.10 =(
>
> Please provide the actual commands and the actual output, not abstract
> descriptions.
>
> I can tell you that I am building and running PostgreSQL and Perl 5.10 just
> fine.  So the problem must be in the details, which are not evident from your
> description.

This bug was reported I though. win installer doesn't recognize
installed Perl 5.10 and doesn't allow plperl installation.

Pavel

Re: Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

От
Дата:
Yes, I am ActivePerl and Win32 Binary PG
Is it scheduled to fix?

>>> 3. PG does not see that machine has Perl
>>> 4. Remove Perl and PG
>>> 5. Instll Perl v5.8
>>> 6. Install PG
>>> 7. PG work fine
>>> Problem is that PG does not recognize Perl v5.10 =(
>>
>> Please provide the actual commands and the actual output, not abstract
>> descriptions.
>>
>> I can tell you that I am building and running PostgreSQL and Perl 5.10
>> just
>> fine.  So the problem must be in the details, which are not evident from
>> your
>> description.
>>

> This bug was reported I though. win installer doesn't recognize
> installed Perl 5.10 and doesn't allow plperl installation.
>
> Pavel
>
>> --

Re: Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Eugen.Konkov@aldec.com escribió:
> Yes, I am ActivePerl and Win32 Binary PG
> Is it scheduled to fix?

Not yet.  As stated, you need to use a supported version of Perl.

On the other hand, you can probably compile Postgres on Windows yourself
to get Perl 5.10 support.

Re: Postgresql v8.3.3 + Perl v5.10

От
>> Yes, I am ActivePerl and Win32 Binary PG
>> Is it scheduled to fix?
>
> Not yet.  As stated, you need to use a supported version of Perl.
>
> On the other hand, you can probably compile Postgres on Windows yourself
> to get Perl 5.10 support.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera
> http://www.CommandPrompt.com/