Обсуждение: BUG #4037: Manual bug: 2.5. Querying a Table

BUG #4037: Manual bug: 2.5. Querying a Table

От
"Daniel Cristian Cruz"
Дата:

Bug reference:      4037
Logged by:          Daniel Cristian Cruz
Email address:      danielcristian@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   Windows
Details:

Where it says:

"Notice how the AS clause is used to relabel the output column. (The AS
clause is optional.)"

It's wrong, because it causes an error if executed without it.

Re: BUG #4037: Manual bug: 2.5. Querying a Table

Дата:
"Daniel Cristian Cruz" <danielcristian@gmail.com> writes:
> Where it says:

> "Notice how the AS clause is used to relabel the output column. (The AS
> clause is optional.)"

> It's wrong, because it causes an error if executed without it.

Hmm?  You can leave off the AS clause if you want:

SELECT city, (temp_hi+temp_lo)/2 AS temp_avg, date FROM weather;
SELECT city, (temp_hi+temp_lo)/2, date FROM weather;

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #4037: Manual bug: 2.5. Querying a Table

От
"Daniel Cristian Cruz"
Дата:
Humm...

Reading this way... It sounds like I could write something like this:

SELECT city, (temp_hi+temp_lo)/2 temp_avg, date FROM weather;

Like it work with tables...

2008/3/14, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

> "Daniel Cristian Cruz" <danielcristian@gmail.com> writes:
> > Where it says:
>
> > "Notice how the AS clause is used to relabel the output column. (The AS
> > clause is optional.)"
>
> > It's wrong, because it causes an error if executed without it.
>
> Hmm?  You can leave off the AS clause if you want:
>
> SELECT city, (temp_hi+temp_lo)/2 AS temp_avg, date FROM weather;
> SELECT city, (temp_hi+temp_lo)/2, date FROM weather;

Daniel Cristian Cruz
$B%/%k%:(B  $B%/%j%9%A%"%s(B $B%@%K%(%k(B

Re: BUG #4037: Manual bug: 2.5. Querying a Table

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Daniel Cristian Cruz escribió:
> Humm...
>
> Reading this way... It sounds like I could write something like this:
>
> SELECT city, (temp_hi+temp_lo)/2 temp_avg, date FROM weather;
>
> Like it work with tables...

Well, it says "the AS clause", not "the AS keyword".  The keyword itself
is not optional if you want to have the clause at all.