Обсуждение: ltree installation error

ltree installation error

От
"Iuri Sampaio"
Дата:
Hi Tomm
I don;t understand how it's related with postgresql installation. I never
had this problem before.
My locale is set:

debian:~# locale -a
en_US.utf8
POSIX

iuri de araujo sampaio <iuri ( dot ) sampaio ( at ) gmail ( dot ) com>
writes:
> No, I=C2=B4m not sure.
> Assuming i=C2=B4ve got a locale problem, how do i get rid of it?
> re-installing postgres??
> I already tried that a couple of times and it didn=C2=B4t succeed
> is it an option to re-install my OS (debian etch)?
> or just apt-get the respective locale support?

You need to be sure that LANG is set to something valid (ie, something
listed by "locale -a") when you initdb.

   regards, tom lane

Re: ltree installation error

Дата:
"Iuri Sampaio" <iuri.sampaio@gmail.com> writes:
> I don;t understand how it's related with postgresql installation. I never
> had this problem before.
> My locale is set:

> debian:~# locale -a
> en_US.utf8
> POSIX

Well, your original report was about this:

FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "lc_messages": "en_CA.UTF-8"

which evidently is not a locale that your system has got.  The
locale -a printout suggests that if it is there, it'd be named
"en_CA.utf8", and it's hard to tell whether your platform would
be forgiving of the spelling difference or not.  In any case,
the question is where Postgres got that setting from.  AFAIK
the only likely explanation is that LANG was set that way when
you ran initdb.

You could try modifying lc_messages in postgresql.conf, but it
might be safer to wipe the database directory and re-initdb
with a corrected LANG setting.

            regards, tom lane

Re: ltree installation error

От
"Iuri Sampaio"
Дата:
Hi Tom,
I'm releaved now. the problem is solved
You're right. the problem was locales not installed.
I just ran "dpkg-reconfigure locales" and install the repsectives.

btw, I'm turned into a pgsql fan.
i just posted  a thread at pgsql-sql
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2007-12/index.php

thanks a lot,