Обсуждение: was enhancement of temp tables in plpgsql supposed to apply to temp views as well? appears it did not.

Plpgsql procedure:

BEGIN

Drop table if exits temptable cascade ;

Create temp table temptable ...

Create temp view tempview as select . from temptable...

Select .. from tempview  ...

END

The first time I run this after I create the procedure it works perfectly.

The second time I get notices that the drop is cascading to the view (this
was expected and OK)

But then the select fails

ERROR: could not open relation .. No such file or directory
"chris wood" <chrisj.wood@sympatico.ca> writes:
> Plpgsql procedure:

Would you provide a self-contained test case, rather than a handwavy
description?  It certainly should work, so I suppose there is some
critical point that you left out.

Also, you *are* testing 8.3something, right?  What exactly?

            regards, tom lane