Обсуждение: BUG #3745: I am unable to load the data in postgresql DB

BUG #3745: I am unable to load the data in postgresql DB

От
"Jawad Hussain"
Дата:

Bug reference:      3745
Logged by:          Jawad Hussain
Email address:      jhussain2@csc.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.9
Operating system:   Linux
Details:

Below is the error log I am getting repeatedly in the file pgstartup.log.

WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "localhost"
FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets
LOG:  logger shutting down
LOG:  logger shutting down
LOG:  logger shutting down
LOG:  logger shutting down
LOG:  logger shutting down
LOG:  logger shutting down
LOG:  logger shutting down
FATAL:  lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 25372) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
FATAL:  lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 25372) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
FATAL:  lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 25372) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
FATAL:  lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 25372) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
LOG:  logger shutting down
FATAL:  lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 9346) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
FATAL:  lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 9346) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?

Please suggest on this.

Re: BUG #3745: I am unable to load the data in postgresql DB

> WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "localhost"
> FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets

Sounds like your machine's DNS setup is broken, to the point where it
can't resolve the name "localhost".

            regards, tom lane