Обсуждение: BUG #2915: Not working: GRANT * TO GROUP *

BUG #2915: Not working: GRANT * TO GROUP *

От
"Alvaro Alvarez"
Дата:

Bug reference:      2915
Logged by:          Alvaro Alvarez
Email address:      alvaro.a.alvarez@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.1
Operating system:   Windows Vista
Details:

Hello.

I am trying to assign connect and temporary privilages to a group and it is
not working. I think i am writing the SQL sentence correctly, but it doesn't
work.

db: a default empty database.
db_group: a group role.

I tried, using both the GUI and CLI:
GRANT CONNECT, TEMPORARY ON DATABASE db TO GROUP db_group;

But somehow the results was as if i had witten (even though there is no
db_group user):
GRANT CONNECT, TEMPORARY ON DATABASE db TO db_group;

Regards,

Alvaro.

Re: BUG #2915: Not working: GRANT * TO GROUP *

Дата:
"Alvaro Alvarez" <alvaro.a.alvarez@gmail.com> writes:
> I tried, using both the GUI and CLI:
> GRANT CONNECT, TEMPORARY ON DATABASE db TO GROUP db_group;
> But somehow the results was as if i had witten (even though there is no
> db_group user):
> GRANT CONNECT, TEMPORARY ON DATABASE db TO db_group;

Since PG 8.1 we don't really make a distinction between users and
groups --- they're both "roles".  So AFAICS there's not anything wrong
here.

            regards, tom lane