Обсуждение: Troubles in Initializing Postgres Database 8.2

Troubles in Initializing Postgres Database 8.2

От
"Maarten van der Heijden"
Дата:
Hi,

=20

I=92m having trouble initialzing the PostGres Database 8.2 on Windows Xp Em=
bedded. Installation using the windows installer is going fine until the in=
itialization process is started. See below for the log. Installing postgres=
 without initializing the database cluster is also working fine.

=20

It seems it cannot find a file=85but which one?? And is this related to the=
 failing initialization=85? Maybe there are some missing =93locales=94 ?

=20

I hope someone can shed some light on this problem.

=20

Thank you in advance,

=20

Best regards,

Maarten v.d. Heijden

The Netherlands

=20

=20

<Begin log>

(Note: Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden =3D Can=92t find f=
ile)

=20

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "PostGres=
".

=20

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

=20

fixing permissions on existing directory C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.2/da=
ta ... ok

creating subdirectories ... ok

selecting default max_connections ... Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand=
 niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

10

selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... Het systeem kan het opge=
geven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

400kB/20000

creating configuration files ... ok

creating template1 database in C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.2/data/base/1 =
... WARNING:  could not find a match for Windows timezone "West-Europa (sta=
ndaardtijd)"

ok

initializing pg_authid ... Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinde=
n.

child process exited with exit code 1

initdb: removing contents of data directory "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.=
2/data"

=20

<End log>

=20

--=20
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
16:36
=20

*******************************DISCLAIMER******************************De i=
nformatie verzonden met dit e-mail bericht is uitsluitend voor de geadresse=
erde(n). Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of  verstrekkin=
g aan derden is niet toegestaan. Indien U deze e-mail abusievelijk heeft on=
tvangen, verzoeken wij U het e-mail bericht te verwijderen en de afzender h=
iervan op de hoogte te stellen. VDG Security Systems bv sluit iedere aanspr=
akelijkheid uit, die voortvloeit uit elektronische verzending.=20
The information contained in this communication is intended solely for use =
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized t=
o receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified=
 that any disclosure, copying,distribution or taking any action in reliance=
 on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you are not=
 the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and=
 advise the sender by return e-mail. VDG Security Systems bv rules out any =
and every liability resulting from any electronic transmission.=20
On behalf of VDG Security Systems bv=

Re: Troubles in Initializing Postgres Database 8.2

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Maarten van der Heijden wrote:
> I’m having trouble initialzing the PostGres Database 8.2 on Windows Xp
> Embedded. Installation using the windows installer is going fine until
> the initialization process is started. See below for the log. Installing
> postgres without initializing the database cluster is also working fine.

Not sure anybody has ever managed to install/run pg on XP Embedded.

Does it work if you run initdb manually after the install, or do you get
the same problem?

> It seems it cannot find a file…but which one?? And is this related to
> the failing initialization…? Maybe there are some missing “locales” ?

Hmm. That one looks like it's coming from the shared memory stuff. We do
a mapping of the pagefile for that - any chance your XP embedded system
simple does not have a pagefile or something? That would make it
reasonable to return file not found for that I guess.

//Magnus

Re: Troubles in Initializing Postgres Database 8.2

От
"Maarten van der Heijden"
Дата:
Thanks for your answer.

Manually starting InitDb causes the same error.

I'll try starting InitDb with the pagefile enabled, let's see what happens.

regards,
maarten

> I'm having trouble initialzing the PostGres Database 8.2 on Windows Xp
> Embedded. Installation using the windows installer is going fine until
> the initialization process is started. See below for the log. Installing
> postgres without initializing the database cluster is also working fine.

Not sure anybody has ever managed to install/run pg on XP Embedded.

Does it work if you run initdb manually after the install, or do you get
the same problem?

> It seems it cannot find a file.but which one?? And is this related to
> the failing initialization.? Maybe there are some missing "locales" ?

Hmm. That one looks like it's coming from the shared memory stuff. We do
a mapping of the pagefile for that - any chance your XP embedded system
simple does not have a pagefile or something? That would make it
reasonable to return file not found for that I guess.

//Magnus

*******************************DISCLAIMER******************************De i=
nformatie verzonden met dit e-mail bericht is uitsluitend voor de geadresse=
erde(n). Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of  verstrekkin=
g aan derden is niet toegestaan. Indien U deze e-mail abusievelijk heeft on=
tvangen, verzoeken wij U het e-mail bericht te verwijderen en de afzender h=
iervan op de hoogte te stellen. VDG Security Systems bv sluit iedere aanspr=
akelijkheid uit, die voortvloeit uit elektronische verzending.=20
The information contained in this communication is intended solely for use =
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized t=
o receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified=
 that any disclosure, copying,distribution or taking any action in reliance=
 on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you are not=
 the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and=
 advise the sender by return e-mail. VDG Security Systems bv rules out any =
and every liability resulting from any electronic transmission.=20
On behalf of VDG Security Systems bv=

Re: Troubles in Initializing Postgres Database 8.2

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 12:15:59PM +0100, Maarten van der Heijden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still no luck initializing the Database Cluster. I'm wondering which commands/files InitDb uses...it says something
ismissing, I would like to know what, is there a way or does someone know which programs\commands InitDb uses?

I *think* what is missing is the shared memory. Though I'm not sure. In
this case, initdb calls postgres.exe and that's where the error comes
from, from what I can tell.

(Note that it does *not* say that it's a file that's missing)

Did some googling, and it looks like at least Windows CE does not have
support for the kind of shared memory that we do. Don't know about XP
Embedded.

//Magnus

Re: Troubles in Initializing Postgres Database 8.2

От
"Maarten van der Heijden"
Дата:

 ?

Hmm. That one looks like it's coming from the shared memory stuff. We do
a mapping of the pagefile for that - any chance your XP embedded system
simple does not have a pagefile or something? That would make it
reasonable to return file not found for that I guess.

//Magnus

--=20
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
18:48
[...]

Дата:
Hi,

Good news! We've succesfully installed Postgres on Windows Embedded.
The trick was to include a Null Device Driver to the image.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Maarten