Обсуждение: Error on createuser

Error on createuser

От
"vinayak Desai"
Дата:
[root@localhost ~]# createuser -a -d -e antonio
createuser: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  user "root"
does not exist
[root@localhost ~]#

i logged in as root..
I tried to create a new user i am getting this error message...
Kindly look in to this matter.

--
Regards
Vinayak Mutalikdesai

Re: Error on createuser

От
tomas@tuxteam.de
Дата:
On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 07:38:13PM +0530, vinayak Desai wrote:
> [root@localhost ~]# createuser -a -d -e antonio
> createuser: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  user "root"
> does not exist

This is not a bug. It's just that root is not a known database user.
Typically there is an user postgres with full admin rights, so as root,
do

  su - postgres

and then try crateuser, etc.

HTH
-- toms

Re: Error on createuser

От
Klaus Ita
Дата:
On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 07:38:13PM +0530, vinayak Desai wrote:
> [root@localhost ~]# createuser -a -d -e antonio
> createuser: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  user "root"
> does not exist
> [root@localhost ~]#
>
> i logged in as root..
> I tried to create a new user i am getting this error message...
> Kindly look in to this matter.

root is not automatically permitted to do so. you might want to read up the
permission part of the manual. try as the user owning the cluster (on my
system that is postmaster)

su postmaster -- createuser ....

regs,
klaus