Обсуждение: Re: Permission denied on fsync / Win32 (was right

Re: Permission denied on fsync / Win32 (was right

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > The error messages refer to the old relfilenode (in 3 out of 3=20
> > occurrences today).
>=20
> So it'd seem the problem is with fsync on recently-deleted files.
> Is it possible that we are getting EACCES (ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION
> maybe) in the situation where we try to fsync a file that's=20
> been unlinked but isn't fully gone yet due to open handles?

I think that sounds "reasonable". Not as in a reasonable thing to do,
but as a reasonable thing to expect from the win32 api.

//Magnus

Re: Permission denied on fsync / Win32 (was right

Дата:
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>> Is it possible that we are getting EACCES (ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION
>> maybe) in the situation where we try to fsync a file that's
>> been unlinked but isn't fully gone yet due to open handles?

> I think that sounds "reasonable". Not as in a reasonable thing to do,
> but as a reasonable thing to expect from the win32 api.

Probably be good if someone can experimentally confirm that (and confirm
exactly which underlying Win32 error code it is) before we think about
how to fix it.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Permission denied on fsync / Win32 (was right

От
"Peter Brant"
Дата:
It happens often enough and the episodes last long enough that grabbing
a handle dump while this is going on should be easily done.

Regarding the Win32 error code, backend/storage/file/fd.c calls
_commit().
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/17618685(VS.80).aspx   It looks
like it is already using errno to report errors.  Will GetLastError()
return something useful there?

Pete