Обсуждение: BUG #2095: make looping

BUG #2095: make looping

От
"Nickolas Golubev"
Дата:

Bug reference:      2095
Logged by:          Nickolas Golubev
Email address:      ngolubev@nps.navy.mil
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.0
Operating system:   Linux 2.4.29 - Slackware
Details:

I have a problem compiling the source code. "./configure" works fine. Then I
run "make" and it just keeps looping and looping on the "checking for "
section. This is where it starts to loop:

checking for collateindex.pl... /usr/bin/collateindex.pl
checking for sgmlspl... sgmlspl
configure: creating ./config.status
cd . && ./config.status src/Makefile.global
config.status: creating src/Makefile.global
./config.status GNUmakefile
config.status: creating GNUmakefile
cd . && ./config.status --recheck
running /bin/sh ./configure   --no-create --no-recursion
checking which template to use... linux

Thank You,
Nicholas Golubev

Re: BUG #2095: make looping

Дата:
"Nickolas Golubev" <ngolubev@nps.navy.mil> writes:
> I have a problem compiling the source code. "./configure" works fine. Then I
> run "make" and it just keeps looping and looping on the "checking for "
> section. This is where it starts to loop:

Check your system clock.  This is a common symptom when the system clock
reading is older than the timestamps on the source files.  Not too
surprisingly, make gets confused about what's up to date and what not.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #2095: make looping

От
"Golubev, Nickolas USA"
Дата:
Thank you, I never realized that that having the date set wrong could do
that. I updated the date to the current date/time and the compile
worked.
-Nicholas=20