Обсуждение: pg_dump bud with functions

pg_dump bud with functions

От
Ivan
Дата:
Hello,

PostgreSQL 8.0.x, 8.1beta3, WinXP Pro SP2

When I create a function in sql or plpgsql languages,
their body text is stored in the database files with
0D 0A line ends (I checked it in a hex editor).

If I create plain backup using pg_dump
it generates functions with
0D 0D 0A on the end of the body lines,
so when I open function definition in PGAdmin,
for example, I saw function text with extra empty lines:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "foo"()
RETURNS bar AS
$$

  select * from "bar"

  where  bla-bla

  order by bla-bla;

$$
  LANGUAGE 'sql' VOLATILE;

It's very annoy, so please fix if it's not very hard.

Thank you!

--
Best regards,
 Ivan                          mailto:Ivan-Sun1@mail.ru

Re: pg_dump bud with functions

Дата:
Ivan <Ivan-Sun1@mail.ru> writes:
> When I create a function in sql or plpgsql languages,
> their body text is stored in the database files with
> 0D 0A line ends (I checked it in a hex editor).

> If I create plain backup using pg_dump
> it generates functions with
> 0D 0D 0A on the end of the body lines,

Good ol' Windows :-(.  Try writing the dump file with "pg_dump -f file"
instead of "pg_dump >file" ... does that make it better?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_dump bud with functions

От
Ivan
Дата:
Hello,

TL> Ivan <Ivan-Sun1@mail.ru> writes:
>> When I create a function in sql or plpgsql languages,
>> their body text is stored in the database files with
>> 0D 0A line ends (I checked it in a hex editor).

>> If I create plain backup using pg_dump
>> it generates functions with
>> 0D 0D 0A on the end of the body lines,

TL> Good ol' Windows :-(.  Try writing the dump file with "pg_dump -f file"
TL> instead of "pg_dump >file" ... does that make it better?

Yes, it does. :)
Thank you very much!

--
Best regards,
 Ivan                            mailto:Ivan-Sun1@mail.ru

Re: pg_dump bud with functions

От
Ivan
Дата:
Hello,

TL> Ivan <Ivan-Sun1@mail.ru> writes:
>> When I create a function in sql or plpgsql languages,
>> their body text is stored in the database files with
>> 0D 0A line ends (I checked it in a hex editor).

>> If I create plain backup using pg_dump
>> it generates functions with
>> 0D 0D 0A on the end of the body lines,

TL> Good ol' Windows :-(.  Try writing the dump file with "pg_dump -f file"
TL> instead of "pg_dump >file" ... does that make it better?

This problem is actual for pg_dumpall because there is no -f file
option for it - output is always written to standard output.
Is it possible to add this option to pg_dumpall too?

Thank you for support!