Обсуждение: BUG #1799: Auto Creation of Strong Password fails

BUG #1799: Auto Creation of Strong Password fails

От
"HAUSERMANN Laurent"
Дата:

Bug reference:      1799
Logged by:          HAUSERMANN Laurent
Email address:      lhauserm@naema.org
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
Operating system:   Windows 2000
Details:

I ran the Postgresql 8.0.3 msi installer on a "postgres blank" plateform.

The Win32 installer asker for creating a user for me, said my password was
weak and replace it...
This feature is really great, but the installer are not able to connect as
this user after this password generation...

Answering "no" and keeping my "weak" password, permits to have a valid
installation

Re: BUG #1799: Auto Creation of Strong Password fails

От
"Magnus Hagander"
> Bug reference:      1799
> Logged by:          HAUSERMANN Laurent
> Email address:      lhauserm@naema.org
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
> Operating system:   Windows 2000
> Details:=20
>=20
> I ran the Postgresql 8.0.3 msi installer on a "postgres=20
> blank" plateform.
>=20
> The Win32 installer asker for creating a user for me, said my=20
> password was weak and replace it...
> This feature is really great, but the installer are not able=20
> to connect as this user after this password generation...
>=20
> Answering "no" and keeping my "weak" password, permits to=20
> have a valid installation

That's interesting - it has always worked for me. What password did it
generate that wouldn't work? And what exactly was the error message?

//Magnus

Re: BUG #1799: Auto Creation of Strong Password fails

От
Laurent Hausermann
Дата:
I am sorry, I haven't kept any screenshot...
The password was a "very" (15 chars) random string...
And after that, installer seemed to try to connect to database with the
old and "weak" password,
but it fails...=20

Best Regards,

Laurent

Le lundi 08 ao=FBt 2005 =E0 20:55 +0200, Magnus Hagander a =E9crit :=20

> > Bug reference:      1799
> > Logged by:          HAUSERMANN Laurent
> > Email address:      lhauserm@naema.org
> > PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
> > Operating system:   Windows 2000
> > Details:=20
> >=20
> > I ran the Postgresql 8.0.3 msi installer on a "postgres=20
> > blank" plateform.
> >=20
> > The Win32 installer asker for creating a user for me, said my=20
> > password was weak and replace it...
> > This feature is really great, but the installer are not able=20
> > to connect as this user after this password generation...
> >=20
> > Answering "no" and keeping my "weak" password, permits to=20
> > have a valid installation
>=20
> That's interesting - it has always worked for me. What password did it
> generate that wouldn't work? And what exactly was the error message?
>=20
> //Magnus

--=20
Laurent Hausermann <laurent.hausermann@naema.org>

Re: BUG #1799: Auto Creation of Strong Password fails

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> I am sorry, I haven't kept any screenshot...
> The password was a "very" (15 chars) random string...
> And after that, installer seemed to try to connect to=20
> database with the old and "weak" password, but it fails...=20

That cannot possibly be it, because the generated password is only used
for the service account, not for the database account.

If it happens again, please write down exactly what errors you get.
WIthout it there is no way to figure out what the problem really was.

//Magnus