Обсуждение: BUG #1549: initdb doesn't work

BUG #1549: initdb doesn't work

От
"Daniel van Eeden"
Дата:

Bug reference:      1549
Logged by:          Daniel van Eeden
Email address:      daniel_e@dds.nl
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system:   Debian GNU/Linux for SPARC (sarge)
Details:

creating template1 database in /opt/postgresql/data/base/1 ... FATAL:
semctl(10977333, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Invalid argument
child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing data directory "/opt/postgresql/data"

Postgresql is compiled from the official sources in 64-bit mode.

Re: BUG #1549: initdb doesn't work

> Operating system:   Debian GNU/Linux for SPARC (sarge)
> Details:
>
> creating template1 database in /opt/postgresql/data/base/1 ... FATAL:
> semctl(10977333, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Invalid argument
> child process exited with exit code 1
> initdb: removing data directory "/opt/postgresql/data"

That is a problem with semaphores in your kernel.  Have you modified
your postgresql.conf from the default?  If so, you should read the
PostgreSQL documentation on how to modify your kernel for larger
settings.

Re: BUG #1549: initdb doesn't work

Дата:
> Daniel van Eeden wrote:
>> creating template1 database in /opt/postgresql/data/base/1 ... FATAL:
>> semctl(10977333, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Invalid argument

> That is a problem with semaphores in your kernel.  Have you modified
> your postgresql.conf from the default?  If so, you should read the
> PostgreSQL documentation on how to modify your kernel for larger
> settings.

But it's failing at semctl() not semget().  So it seems he hasn't run
out of semaphores.  I wonder if SEMVMX is unusually small on his setup
(ie, less than 536).  My Linux semctl man page says that that case would
return ERANGE not EINVAL, but ...

            regards, tom lane