Обсуждение: Weak Password!

Weak Password!

От
Mehul Doshi-A20614
Дата:
Hi,

I had PostgreSQL-beta-5 installed until recently. I uninstalled it & installed the PostgreSQL-8.01 official Postgres
release.While installing, I came across a slight problem:
In the service configuration gui, I entered a new service account user, as follows:

Account name as "postgresnew",
Account password as "Post2restes$"
Verify password as "Post2restes$"

It gave me a weak password error. So I went back & tried to enter a stronger password. It wont even accept a password
suchas !@#$%^12345

How do I set a password which it accepts fine? What are the requirements for such a password?

Thanks & Regards,
Mehul

Re: Weak Password!

От
Klaus Naumann
Дата:
Mehul,

> In the service configuration gui, I entered a new service account user, as follows:

this rather sounds like some distro configuration tool. What kind of
distro are you using? If it's a problem wit hthe package you have to ask
the vendors/supporters of your distro.

Greetings, Klaus

Re: Weak Password!

От
Mehul Doshi-A20614
Дата:
Hi,

I am using the Native Windows version which I downloaded it from the http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/v8.0.1/

Regards,
Mehul

> In the service configuration gui, I entered a new service account
> user, as follows:

this rather sounds like some distro configuration tool. What kind of
distro are you using? If it's a problem wit hthe package you have to ask
the vendors/supporters of your distro.

Greetings, Klaus

Re: Weak Password!

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
>Hi,
>
>I am using the Native Windows version which I downloaded it=20
>from the http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/v8.0.1/

The way most Windows systems are set up today, to make for a really
stong password you need at least 14 characters long. I beleive the
actual recommendation for a strong service account password (one that
you will not be logging in as regularly) is now up to 31, but the
installer will warn you at 14.

//Magnus