Обсуждение: BUG #1301: pg_restore failed on AMD 64bit machine

BUG #1301: pg_restore failed on AMD 64bit machine

От
"PostgreSQL Bugs List"
Дата:

Bug reference:      1301
Logged by:          hongyi

Email address:      hongyi_gao@hotmail.com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4.5

Operating system:   SuSe 9.1

Details:

pg_restore has flow on AMD64 machine.

When I try restore a backup (made by pg_dump with -Fc option), when it
reaches some specific table/at some specific positions in the backup file,
it will fail. This only happened on 64bit machines with version 7.4.0-7.4.6

Error Message:
pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument

For a specific backup, it'll always fail at the same place.

But, if I copy the backup data to other 32bit machines, and run pg_restore
with -h remotely restore the data, everything is fine. It's succesfully
finished.

Tried version 7.4.6, still failed.
Tried compile source and install, same.

a bug in pg_restore.

Re: BUG #1301: pg_restore failed on AMD 64bit machine

Дата:
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:
> When I try restore a backup (made by pg_dump with -Fc option), when it
> reaches some specific table/at some specific positions in the backup file,
> it will fail. This only happened on 64bit machines with version 7.4.0-7.4.6

How big is the backup file?  I'm wondering if this could be a
32-bit-file-offset issue.

In general it would be nice to have more details, like *which* specific
positions ...

            regards, tom lane