Обсуждение: select() failed in statistics collector

select() failed in statistics collector

От
H Chao
Дата:
Hi,

From Postgresql 8.0 beta1 to beta3, I always have the problem of running
postgresql properly on window 2000. And, I've found some people who have posted
the same problem, but I couldn't find the solution for it.

Any suggestion?

James Chao
C:\PostgreSQL\bin>pg_ctl start
postmaster starting

C:\PostgreSQL\bin>LOG:  database system was shut down at 2004-10-22 00:10:53 GMT
Daylight Time
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/AA9FA8
LOG:  redo record is at 0/AA9FA8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 492; next OID: 17230
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  select() failed in statistics collector: An operation was attempted on
something that is
not a socket.

LOG:  select() failed in statistics buffer: An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.

LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 684) was terminated by signal 1
LOG:  select() failed in statistics buffer: An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.

LOG:  select() failed in statistics collector: An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.

LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 292) was terminated by signal 1
LOG:  select() failed in statistics buffer: An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.

LOG:  select() failed in statistics collector: An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.

LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 216) was terminated by signal 1
LOG:  select() failed in statistics buffer: An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.

LOG:  select() failed in statistics collector: An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.

LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 216) was terminated by signal 1
LOG:  select() failed in statistics buffer: An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.

Re: select() failed in statistics collector

От
Harald Armin Massa
Дата:
James,

that error is well documented in the PGINSTALLER-FAQ on pgfoundry.

Problem: "something" is interfering with socket-inheritance.

"something" most offen is some kind of "Layered service provider" as
is: Antivir software, Age Verfication Software..."

Workaround now: "something" has to be uninstalled

"solution" longterm 1: "something" has to be changed to respect the
specification

solution longterm 2: there is a quite complicated patch available for
the win32-socket code. I someone with enough win32 socket programming
excellence AND available time is willing to donate that time and
excellence to postgresql ... that workaround might be implemented.

Harald