Обсуждение: BUG #1221: revoke on schema do not return error on failure

BUG #1221: revoke on schema do not return error on failure

От
"PostgreSQL Bugs List"
Дата:

Bug reference:      1221
Logged by:          radim kolar

Email address:      hsn@netmag.cz

PostgreSQL version: 7.4.1

Operating system:   freebsd

Details:

Problem 1
pgsql 7.4.1

revoke create on schema do not issues an error when user has no access
privileges to do that.

dbmail=>  REVOKE CREATE ON SCHEMA public FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE
Grant works as expected
dbmail=> GRANT USAGE on SCHEMA public to public;
ERROR:  permission denied for schema public

Re: BUG #1221: revoke on schema do not return error on failure

Дата:
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:
> revoke create on schema do not issues an error when user has no access
> privileges to do that.

> dbmail=>  REVOKE CREATE ON SCHEMA public FROM PUBLIC;
> REVOKE
> Grant works as expected
> dbmail=> GRANT USAGE on SCHEMA public to public;
> ERROR:  permission denied for schema public

In 8.0 both of these cases will return WARNINGs (not errors).  This is
per our current reading of the SQL specification.

            regards, tom lane