Обсуждение: BUG #1172: JDBC driver fails to compile

BUG #1172: JDBC driver fails to compile

От
"PostgreSQL Bugs List"
Дата:

Bug reference:      1172
Logged by:          Werner Bohl

Email address:      wbohl@deepdata.com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system:   Fedora core release 2

Details:

Postgresql version: 7.4.3
Java: j2sdk_1.4.2_04
ant: 1.5.2-26

JDBC driver fails to compile with error:

/usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.3/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jd
`org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource.getDataSource(java.lang.St
    [javac] bc3PoolingDataSource.java:29: error: Method ring)' was defined
with return type `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource' in class
`org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource'.
    [javac]        static Jdbc3PoolingDataSource getDataSource(String name)

Re: BUG #1172: JDBC driver fails to compile

От
Kris Jurka
Дата:
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:

> Bug reference:      1172
> Operating system:   Fedora core release 2
>
> Postgresql version: 7.4.3
> Java: j2sdk_1.4.2_04
> ant: 1.5.2-26
>
> JDBC driver fails to compile with error:
>
> /usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.3/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jd
> `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource.getDataSource(java.lang.St
>     [javac] bc3PoolingDataSource.java:29: error: Method ring)' was defined
> with return type `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource' in class
> `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource'.
>     [javac]        static Jdbc3PoolingDataSource getDataSource(String name)

This error message is pretty mangled, but I suspect you might have another
version of the driver somewhere on the classpath.  The driver will fail
to compile in this situation as it gets confused with the
different versions of the same class.

Kris Jurka

Re: BUG #1172: JDBC driver fails to compile

От
Werner Bohl
Дата:
On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 14:09, Kris Jurka wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:
>

> > The following bug has been logged online:
> >
> > Bug reference:      1172
> > Operating system:   Fedora core release 2
> >
> > Postgresql version: 7.4.3
> > Java: j2sdk_1.4.2_04
> > ant: 1.5.2-26
> >
> > JDBC driver fails to compile with error:
> >
> > /usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.3/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jd
> > `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource.getDataSource(java.lang.St
> >     [javac] bc3PoolingDataSource.java:29: error: Method ring)' was defined
> > with return type `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource' in class
> > `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource'.
> >     [javac]        static Jdbc3PoolingDataSource getDataSource(String name)
> >

> This error message is pretty mangled, but I suspect you might have another
> version of the driver somewhere on the classpath.  The driver will fail
> to compile in this situation as it gets confused with the
> different versions of the same class.

No, my classpath is empty! I managed to compile fixing the following:
on class Jdbc3PoolingDataSource lines 29 &  31 changed
Jdbc3PoolingDataSource for PoolingDataSource.

On class Jdbc3ObjectFactory line 46 added a cast to
Jdbc3PoolingDataSource.

> Kris Jurka

Re: BUG #1172: JDBC driver fails to compile

От
Kris Jurka
Дата:
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Werner Bohl wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 14:09, Kris Jurka wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:
> >
> > > Postgresql version: 7.4.3
> > > Java: j2sdk_1.4.2_04
> > > ant: 1.5.2-26
> > >
> > > JDBC driver fails to compile with error:
> > >
> > > /usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.3/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jd
> > > `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource.getDataSource(java.lang.St
> > >     [javac] bc3PoolingDataSource.java:29: error: Method ring)' was defined
> > > with return type `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource' in class
> > > `org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource'.
> > >     [javac]        static Jdbc3PoolingDataSource getDataSource(String name)
> > >

> > This error message is pretty mangled, but I suspect you might have another
> > version of the driver somewhere on the classpath.  The driver will fail
> > to compile in this situation as it gets confused with the
> > different versions of the same class.
> >
> No, my classpath is empty! I managed to compile fixing the following:
> on class Jdbc3PoolingDataSource lines 29 &  31 changed
> Jdbc3PoolingDataSource for PoolingDataSource.
>
> On class Jdbc3ObjectFactory line 46 added a cast to
> Jdbc3PoolingDataSource.

Taking a closer look the driver has some rather odd code there, but I get
no failure here.  Is there any change you aren't really using sun's jdk to
compile this and one of the free compilers out there?

Kris Jurka