Обсуждение: BUG #1090: initdb does not work

BUG #1090: initdb does not work

От
"PostgreSQL Bugs List"
Дата:

Bug reference:      1090
Logged by:          Simon

Email address:      simon.huang@miusi.com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system:   windows and cygwin

Details:

hi,
I installed the last version of cygwin(the version of the setup.exe is
2.416) in my windows XP, when I want to init the postgres, it throw a error
could you please tell me how to solve this problem

thanks in advanced
Simon

$ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "Simon
Huang".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... 10
selecting default shared_buffers... 50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/share/postgresql/data/base/1... FATAL:
coul
d not create shared memory segment: Function not implemented
DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=1, size=1081344, 03600).

initdb: failed
initdb: removing data directory "/usr/share/postgresql/data"

Re: BUG #1090: initdb does not work

От
Richard Huxton
On Wednesday 03 March 2004 03:07, PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:

> Bug reference:      1090
> Logged by:          Simon
> Email address:      simon.huang@miusi.com

> I installed the last version of cygwin(the version of the setup.exe is
> 2.416) in my windows XP, when I want to init the postgres, it throw a error
> could you please tell me how to solve this problem

> creating template1 database in /usr/share/postgresql/data/base/1... FATAL:
> coul
> d not create shared memory segment: Function not implemented
> DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=1, size=1081344, 03600).

Have you read the FAQ?
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/text/FAQ_MSWIN

You don't say whether you followed step 3a - starting the ipc daemon.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Re: BUG #1090: initdb does not work

От
"Suresh Babu.A.G"
Дата:
Hi,

Use ipc-daemon2.exe instead of ipc-daemon.exe

I had the same problem and the same message when I upgraded to the latest
version. Using the ipc-demon2.exe solved the problem

TIP the message
selecting default max_connections... 10 should be 100 after starting
ipc-daemon2.exe

Contact brides & grooms FREE! http://www.shaadi.com/ptnr.php?ptnr=hmltag
Only on www.shaadi.com. Register now!