Обсуждение: pgdb.py is still wrong in Postgres 7.3.1 rpm

pgdb.py is still wrong in Postgres 7.3.1 rpm

От
"Gaetano Mendola"
Дата:
I already post the fact that the file pgdb.py distribuited with
Postgres 7.3 is wrong but was not already fixed in 7.3.1 !!!!

The class pgdbTypeCache is not working with the version 7.3.1
the method getdescr  try to do the following select:

"SELECT typname, typprtlen, typlen FROM pg_type"

and the column typprtlen is not anymore available,
I suggested to rewrite that select in this way:

"SELECT typname, 4, typlen FROM pg_type"

and someone else suggested:

"SELECT typname, -1, typlen FROM pg_type"

why was not yet corrected ?

Ciao
Gaetano

Re: pgdb.py is still wrong [not just] in Postgres 7.3.1 rpm

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Thursday 26 December 2002 07:15, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> I already post the fact that the file pgdb.py distribuited with
> Postgres 7.3 is wrong but was not already fixed in 7.3.1 !!!!

> why was not yet corrected ?

It is not an RPM specific problem, but your subject implies that it is.

Tom, Bruce: who has the python interface these days?
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: [ADMIN] pgdb.py is still wrong [not just] in Postgres 7.3.1 rpm

Дата:
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> Tom, Bruce: who has the python interface these days?

D'Arcy still is the lead guy on it, I think.  Looking at the CVS logs,
it seems this problem was fixed in CVS HEAD but not back-patched into
the 7.3 branch:

    * src/interfaces/python/pgdb.py: Remove typprtlen from getdescr()
    as it is not available in 7.3.    Return -1 for that field so that
    existing programs don't break.

We should certainly back-patch this for 7.3.2.  Not sure if any of the
other recent changes in interfaces/python should be back-patched.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [ADMIN] pgdb.py is still wrong [not just] in Postgres 7.3.1

Дата:
I have CC'ed D'Arcy asking for info.