Обсуждение: Re: Bug #734: Rename column make views go bad

Re: Bug #734: Rename column make views go bad

Дата:
> I have some other problems with my dumps that stops them from being
> restored later. It seems like functions and views are exported in the
> wrong order.

pg_dump is pretty weak in that area --- someone needs to rewrite it to
take advantage of the dependency info that the backend now maintains,
rather than relying on OID ordering as it largely does now.

But if you can generate a reproducible example, send it in.

            regards, tom lane

Hiting TAB while editing a line crashes PSQL.

От
Jean-Luc Lachance
Дата:
Just want to validate this one.

Hitting TAB while editing a line crashes PSQL.

File completion is meaningless here.

What is it supposed to complete any way?

JLL

P.S. on 7.2.1

Re: Hiting TAB while editing a line crashes PSQL.

Дата:
Jean-Luc Lachance <jllachan@nsd.ca> writes:
> Hitting TAB while editing a line crashes PSQL.

Not here.

Perhaps you have a broken libreadline library...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Hiting TAB while editing a line crashes PSQL.

От
Jean-Luc Lachance
Дата:
Tom,

I believe not.  This is the error message I get.

psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: rl_completion_matches

Tom Lane wrote:

> Jean-Luc Lachance <jllachan@nsd.ca> writes:
> > Hitting TAB while editing a line crashes PSQL.
>
> Not here.
>
> Perhaps you have a broken libreadline library...
>
>                         regards, tom lane
 psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: rl_completion_matches

Re: Hiting TAB while editing a line crashes PSQL.

Дата:
Jean-Luc Lachance <jllachan@nsd.ca> writes:
> I believe not.  This is the error message I get.

> psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: rl_completion_matches

That is a pretty common symptom of readline configuration problems.
Are you sure you built psql against readline header files that match
the installed readline library file?

            regards, tom lane