Обсуждение: initdb problem

initdb problem

От
"Ping (No Magic Asia)"
Дата:
Hi!

I don't know if it is a bug or not.  What I am facing is that I can't open =
a database I created.  It's better to explain you by below scenario:

I have installed the Postgres v7.1 or later.  Then, I changed the initial d=
atabase cluster to another disk, "/mydb".  Then, I changed "PGDATA" in the =
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql".  I did change all "start", and "stop" PGDATA=
 variable to "/mydb".  Everything works fine.=20=20

Until I formated the Linux (Redhat, v7.1) system, and re-installed the Redh=
at (v7.1) again.  Please note that "/mydb" is not been removed because it i=
s kept in another disk.
Now I installed the Postgres v7.1 again, and try to changed the initial dat=
abase cluster to "/mydb".  And it cannot allow me to do that.=20=20=20=20

My point is how can I open my database I kept in "/mydb" again.  Is it a bu=
g?  Please help me.

Sincerely yours,

--
Ping - Nattaphol Manomaiphan.=20
EVSD Project Leader

Re: initdb problem

Дата:
"Ping (No Magic Asia)" <nattaphol_m@nomagicasia.com> writes:
> Until I formated the Linux (Redhat, v7.1) system, and re-installed the Redh=
> at (v7.1) again.  Please note that "/mydb" is not been removed because it i=
> s kept in another disk.
> Now I installed the Postgres v7.1 again, and try to changed the initial dat=
> abase cluster to "/mydb".  And it cannot allow me to do that.=20=20=20=20

It is highly unlikely that this is a bug.  You might try asking for help
on the pgsql-admin list.  And provide some details when you do (like
exactly what settings you changed while trying to move the database, and
exactly what failure you're getting).  "It cannot allow me" conveys
nothing.

            regards, tom lane