Обсуждение: Problem

Problem

От
Ram
Дата:
Sir,
I dont know whether this is a right place to ask this question,but I
hope you guys will still help me out.
I'm in a serious problem,we are using Postgres having 2-3
databases,today when i started the server I couldnot find a single
database,also it is not allowing me to create a new one.Its showing the
following error
# createdb test;
psql: FATAL 1:  Database "template1" does not exist in the system
catalog.
createdb: database creation failed

What could be the reason ?
Please help me out.
Thanx in Advance.

Ram

Re: Problem

Дата:
Ram <ram@anantinfotech.com> writes:
> # createdb test;
> psql: FATAL 1:  Database "template1" does not exist in the system
> catalog.

What PG version is this?  Can you get into any of your other databases?
If so, what do you get from "SELECT * FROM pg_database"?

            regards, tom lane