Обсуждение: Bug report.

Bug report.

От
"TONY J.Y."
Дата:
Hi,=20

I am using the PGLIB C lib to connect to PgSql to finish the update of=20
the GEOMETRY of a table.

At first, everything is OK. I can insert, update, delete and select of=20
whatever I want.=20

However, I got a fatal running error.  There is an error when my SQL=20
string length exceeds 8190 Bytes.=20

Obviously, this is not the limits of the PgSQL itsself when using psql.=20
It is the PGLIB, isn't it?

Is there any solution or suggestion?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Tony

---
Tony Jiang, MSc
Research & Development Programmer/Analyst
MRF Geosystems Corp (www.mrf.com)
Suite 700, 665 8th Street SW,=20
Calgary, AB T2P 3K7
(403) 216-5515 ext:226

Re: Bug report.

От
Markus Bertheau
Дата:
On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 16:39, TONY J.Y. wrote:
> However, I got a fatal running error.  There is an error when my SQL=20
> string length exceeds 8190 Bytes.=20

PostgreSQL 7.0.x and earlier have a restriction of 8k for a text field.
7.1.x doesn't. You should upgrade.

Markus Bertheau