Обсуждение: shared library compile error

shared library compile error

От
Carl Anderson
Дата:
version 7.1.2

using gcc3.0 under solaris 2.7

Compile completes without error but the shared libraries are not realy
shared libs.

If i link against them (with package such as php or tcl) I get the
message
"symbol main not found". an inspection using nm -a shows
and undefined symbol "main"

FIX

edit
src.Makefile.shlib

change section for gnu-ld and solaris to include the flag -shared.

clean
recompile

All is well.

--
----------------------------------
E-Mail: candrsn@mindspring.com

New Hampshire tells us "common sense for all"
    where can I get mine?
----------------------------------

Re: shared library compile error

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Carl Anderson writes:

> version 7.1.2
>
> using gcc3.0 under solaris 2.7
>
> Compile completes without error but the shared libraries are not realy
> shared libs.

> change section for gnu-ld and solaris to include the flag -shared.

You might want to file this as a bug report for GCC, since -G used to work
and is still documented to work.

http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html