Обсуждение: postmaster crash

postmaster crash

От
jerome crouigneau
Дата:
Hello,

I've got a problem with the 7.0.2 version of Postgres.
In production, the postmaster stops frequently alone
(about one time per hour).
Error message:
postmaster: ServerLoop; select failed; No child
processes

And we have to restart it each hour.
Any idea ?

Thanks for your help

Jérôme Crouigneau
Medianet Technologies

Re: postmaster crash

Дата:
jerome crouigneau <jerome_crouigneau@yahoo.fr> writes:
> I've got a problem with the 7.0.2 version of Postgres.
> In production, the postmaster stops frequently alone
> (about one time per hour).
> Error message:
> postmaster: ServerLoop; select failed; No child
> processes

This is a known bug --- the postmaster's routine for catching ECHILD
signals needs to save and restore errno.  We have not made a patch for
7.0.*, but you could probably adapt the patch that was applied to
current sources:

http://www.postgresql.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/postmaster/postmaster.c.diff?r1=1.198&r2=1.199&f=c

The changes in reaper() are probably the only critical part.
        regards, tom lane