Обсуждение: Bug?

Bug?

От
Sean Kelly
Дата:
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        : Sean Kelly
Your email address    : S.Kelly@newcastle.ac.uk

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)      : Intel Pentium (133MHz)

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)     : Linux 2.0.38 ELF

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.0):   PostgreSQL-7.0.2

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)        : gcc version 2.7.2.3

  I am attempting to do a new installation of PostgreSQL 7.0.2 (although
this problem also occured with 7.0.0).

  I follow the doc INSTALL exactly, but I have a problem when trying to
start the postmaster backend.  I get the following error on executing
"/home/postgres/bin/postmaster -D /home/postgres/data":

---[ Cut ]---
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=144, permission=700
This type of error is usually caused by an improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
For more information, see the FAQ and platform-specific
FAQ's in the source directory pgsql/doc or on our
web site at http://www.postgresql.org.
IpcMemoryIdGet: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=144, permission=0
IpcMemoryAttach: shmat failed (Invalid argument) id=-2
FATAL 1:  AttachSLockMemory: could not attach segment
---[ Cut ]---

    My kernel has been compiled with "System V IPC" selected.

    PostgreSQL 6.5.3 has been compiled and ran on this system.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a
  By following the doc INSTALL through again, the same problem occurs on
trying to start the postmaster backend.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:
  [None]

Re: Bug?

Дата:
Sean Kelly <S.Kelly@newcastle.ac.uk> writes:
> IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=144, permission=700
>     My kernel has been compiled with "System V IPC" selected.
>     PostgreSQL 6.5.3 has been compiled and ran on this system.

Hmm, maybe there are old shmem segments still present from the 6.5.3
postmaster?  You might need to 'ipcrm' the old ones.  See our ipcclean
script for help.

            regards, tom lane

"IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed" on 2.0.38 (was Re: Bug?)

От
Sean Kelly
Дата:
On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> > IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=144, permission=700
> >     My kernel has been compiled with "System V IPC" selected.
> >     PostgreSQL 6.5.3 has been compiled and ran on this system.
>
> Hmm, maybe there are old shmem segments still present from the 6.5.3
> postmaster?  You might need to 'ipcrm' the old ones.  See our ipcclean
> script for help.

    Thanks for the advice Tom.  The following happened:

-> ./ipcclean
ipcclean: nothing removed

-> postmaster -D /home/postgres/data/
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=144, permission=700
This type of error is usually caused by an improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
[SNIP: Same as previous message]

    Anything else that could solve this?

== Sean.