Обсуждение: FREE ChronicDB v2: Live schema changes with zero downtime for PostgreSQL

FREE ChronicDB v2: Live schema changes with zero downtime for PostgreSQL

От
ChronicDB Community Team
Дата:
We would like to announce the release of ChronicDB v2.2.2, which supports PostgreSQL. ChronicDB offers live schema changes with zero downtime including live database updates in the presence of active queries[1,2].

ChronicDB v2 accounts for in-progress transactions and applies a live database update only when it can be guaranteed that data consistency will be preserved. Updates are applied atomically within a configurable timeout period, eliminating the possibility for long-lived transactions to introduce permanent unavailability. This is accomplished by a combination of replication, live connection migration, and query rewritting.

We are celebrating this release by offering a FREE copy of ChronicDB[3] for the next two weeks. We also invite community feedback on improving live database updates[4] and making the technology more accessible to the PostgreSQL community.

[1] - http://chronicdb.com/why_live_database_updates
[2] - http://chronicdb.com/benefits_of_chronicdb
[3] - http://chronicdb.com/purchase_chronicdb
[4] - http://chronicdb.com/provide_feedback