Обсуждение: Satus Report

Satus Report

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
Can we get a status report on various folks activities regarding
postgresql advocacy? Perhaps a couple of lines on what has been done or
if you need help regarding something. According to the todo list I see
the following people working on things:

* Add language strings for the 7.3 press release to Advocacy database

afaik this is done by Justin.

* Match translations for those strings

Justin, is there a way to determine where we stand on this? Look through
the translation interface?

* Finish html coding of monster labs case study (Robert)

I've not received any feedback about this (it's available at
http://advocacy.postgresql.org/casestudies/monsterlabs/ ) so I'll assume
that no one has any issues on it and put the links up on the main case
studies list.

* Finish collaboration of press contact lists (Josh/Marc)

??

* Create media kit (Lucas, Gavin)

??

* Enhance capability for adding news items for advocacy

??

* Document core values / mission statement / code of conduct (Justin?
Bruce? Gavin)

thought someone had started on this?

* Collect list of contacts for press release organiser(s) to get quotes
from (Gavin)

??

* Collate list of awards

(Marc?)

* List of upcoming postgresql related events (Gavin)

If you need help on this, lmk, I have a list of several, and have
submitted some to the php.net site.

* Contact Enterprise Solutions Center

Anyone active on this?

Robert Treat

Re: Satus Report

От
Zak Greant
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 04:30:57PM -0500, Robert Treat wrote:
[snip]
> * Contact Enterprise Solutions Center
>
> Anyone active on this?

  I told Gavin Sherry that I would share the info that I got from Wild
  Open Source about the ESC - however, I ran out of time to work with
  them on the MySQL presence in the ESC. C'est lavatorie ;)

  I will be going to LinuxWorld New York and will check out the ESC and
  chat with the people there. I will send Gavin my notes from the chat
  and my impressions of the ESC.

Cheers!
--
 Zak Greant <zak@mysql.com> | MySQL Advocate |  http://zak.fooassociates.com

Managing MySQL
  MySQL Training: London, January 15-17, 2003
  Visit http://mysql.com/training for more information

Public Service Announcement:  Sincere Choice (http://sincerechoice.org)

Download page on advocacy

От
"Michael Paesold"
Дата:
Hi,

concerning the download page on advocacy. I would recommend that two things
were added to that page:

- the current version of pg that one will get by clicking on the link
- a link to the ChangeLog of that version (especially because it's really
hard to find a link to the document)

I would also recommend a link from future press releases to the
corresponding changelogs, so that more technically minded people have
instant access to more information.

Any comments? Justin?

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold

dbExperts / postgres on windows

От
"Michael Paesold"
Дата:
Hi all,

I have to ask you for help regarding information about dbExperts. I just
received an email from a german guy asking about dbExperts. He probably got
my address from the advocacy site (language contact), but didn't use the
mail form there.

Anyway, he wants to run PostgreSQL and ColdFusion on Windows and seems to
have problems. He discovered dbExperts and asked me if I thought their
product could be of help. I would rather help him installing pg with cygwin
because he only wants to use windows for developement, but I don't really
know much about dbExperts (besides their website and that they sell a
commercial postgres version), so I am asking you to help me out.

Thanks for any comment!

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold