Обсуждение: pg_dump fails on temp tables

pg_dump fails on temp tables

От
Artem Tomyuk
Дата:
Hi.

I am trying to do multi-threaded backup with

pg_dump -Z 9 -j 8 -F c -F d -T "doc*" -U postgres -d foo

but from time to time it fails with error

pg_dump: [parallel archiver] could not obtain lock on relation "public.tt1"
This usually means that someone requested an ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock on the table after the pg_dump parent process had gotten the initial ACCESS SHARE lock on the table.

How I can avoid this, just adding -T "tt*"?

Why pg_dump trying to dump temp tables? As i know temp tables are created and visible only in one session?

Thanks.

Re: pg_dump fails on temp tables

Дата:
Artem Tomyuk <admin@leboutique.com> writes:
> Why pg_dump trying to dump temp tables?

It's not supposed to, and as far as I can tell in some simple tests,
it doesn't unless you force it to with something like -t 'pg_temp*.*'.

Are you sure those tables are actually temp?  What version of pg_dump is
that exactly?

            regards, tom lane