Обсуждение: Could not open file pg_clog , Please help!

Could not open file pg_clog , Please help!

От
Mina Soltangheis
Дата:
Hi,
I made a database which was perfectly working. I used to work with only one of the tables in the data base and it works fine, but now that I want to use another tables it gives me this error:
ERROR: could not access status of transaction ######      DETAIL: could not open file "pg_clog/####": No such file or directory

I have no backups of the database and I am not sure if I could run queries on other tables even in the beginning (so maybe the issue was there from the beginning.) at the moment I only have one file in pg_clog directory which is 0000 .
Any suggestions how to fix this?
Best,
Mina

Re: Could not open file pg_clog , Please help!

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
I made a database which was perfectly working. I used to work with only one of the tables in the data base and it works fine, but now that I want to use another tables it gives me this error:
ERROR: could not access status of transaction ######      DETAIL: could not open file "pg_clog/####": No such file or directory

I have no backups of the database and I am not sure if I could run queries on other tables even in the beginning (so maybe the issue was there from the beginning.) at the moment I only have one file in pg_clog directory which is 0000 .
Any suggestions how to fix this?

You should probably give the full error message (I mean, with no redaction). It would help us give a definitive answer.

--

Re: Could not open file pg_clog , Please help!

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
The standard question here is are you A: Running on Windows and B:
using an antivirus?

If so, it's often the antivirus getting in the way. Either turn it off
or figure out how to exclude postgresql's files from it's view.

Re: Could not open file pg_clog , Please help!

От
Mina Soltangheis
Дата:
Hi,

I am on a macbook Pro and I have no antivirus software installed.
Sorry for forgetting to add this info in the beginning.
Best,
Mina