Обсуждение: Replication with partitions?

Replication with partitions?

От
Dave Johansen
Дата:
We're moving to Postgres 9.2 on RHEL 7 and as part of this we are going to setup a slave database as our data warehouse. We would like to use the streaming replication that's built into 9.2, so we would want to remove all of the data from an old partition on the master but have it stay on the slave. I was reading the documentation [1] and it sound like this is not possible.

Is there a way to make this sort of setup work with the streaming replication that's built into Postgres 9.2?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Replication with partitions?

От
Feike Steenbergen
Дата:
Dave,

The built-in streaming replication of 9.2 gives you everything, you cannot cherrypick which tables will be replicated and which one will not be replicated.
Basically: The streaming replica will be an exact copy of you primary cluster.

So the answer to your question is no, it's not possible with the streaming replication in 9.2.

regards,

Feike

Re: Replication with partitions?

От
Dave Johansen
Дата:
The built-in streaming replication of 9.2 gives you everything, you cannot cherrypick which tables will be replicated and which one will not be replicated.
Basically: The streaming replica will be an exact copy of you primary cluster.

So the answer to your question is no, it's not possible with the streaming replication in 9.2.

Does 9.3 or 9.4 support this sort of configuration?
If not, from the table in the documentation, it looks like Slony [1] and Bucardo [2] would both work, so does any one have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Re: Replication with partitions?

От
Guillaume Lelarge

Le 8 déc. 2015 4:37 PM, "Dave Johansen" <davejohansen@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 5:05 AM, Feike Steenbergen <feikesteenbergen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dave,
>>
>> The built-in streaming replication of 9.2 gives you everything, you cannot cherrypick which tables will be replicated and which one will not be replicated.
>> Basically: The streaming replica will be an exact copy of you primary cluster.
>>
>> So the answer to your question is no, it's not possible with the streaming replication in 9.2.
>

> Does 9.3 or 9.4 support this sort of configuration?

Nope.

> If not, from the table in the documentation, it looks like Slony [1] and Bucardo [2] would both work, so does any one have any recommendations?

Slony would be my choice because I know it pretty well. The same cannot be said of bucardo.

Re: Replication with partitions?

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
On Dec 8, 2015, at 8:35 AM, Dave Johansen <davejohansen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does 9.3 or 9.4 support this sort of configuration?

No.

> If not, from the table in the documentation, it looks like Slony [1] and Bucardo [2] would both work, so does any one
haveany recommendations?

I know Slony does, but I don't have any recommendation for one or the other.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

Re: Replication with partitions?

От
FattahRozzaq
Дата:
Hi Dave,

I don't know if DRBD will help to fulfil your requirement.
But DRBD is a nice one to try since it will replicate a whole
disk/volume from 1 server to backup server.
Therefore, you'll need a dedicated disk/volume for your PostgreSQL
data directory to be replicated to the same size of disk/volume in the
backup server.